Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Article: Twins Set Rotation, Hendriks Is In

  1. #1
    Owner All-Star John Bonnes's Avatar
    Posts
    2,429
    Twitter
    @twinsgeek
    Like
    1
    Liked 158 Times in 94 Posts
    Blog Entries
    240

    Article: Twins Set Rotation, Hendriks Is In


  2. #2
    Senior Member Triple-A Dilligaf69's Avatar
    Posts
    363
    Like
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Makes sense.

  3. #3
    Couldn't be more excited to see the Twins regular starting lineup when the season starts. Having mid-level rookie prospects starting the 3rd game of the season will make me want to close my eyes. Has all the makings of a season spoiler

  4. #4
    season is lost already. thats what happens when fools run an organization

  5. #5
    Senior Member All-Star
    Posts
    3,535
    Like
    61
    Liked 339 Times in 216 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Torse View Post
    Couldn't be more excited to see the Twins regular starting lineup when the season starts. Having mid-level rookie prospects starting the 3rd game of the season will make me want to close my eyes. Has all the makings of a season spoiler
    I don't think he's that much of a downgrade to Marquis. It doesn't take a top 100 prospect to top Marquis' career 1.43 WHIP, 5.2 K/9 or 4.55 ERA. Marquis will probably give you more innings, but that's mostly on the organization seeing as they won't much care about the pitch count for a soft-tossinng journyman who they only have invested one season in, as opposed to playing it safe with the younger arm under team control for the next six or so years.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by itstimetotakeit View Post
    season is lost already. thats what happens when fools run an organization

    The season was over as soon as Ryan was rehired as GM. He proved he is clueless when he gave up a first round pick for the right to overpay Capps. And then the clueless one (TR) gave a rediculus deal to Marquis when no other team would bother to give him a Minor League ST Invite. Can't wait to see how Ryan screws up the draft pick by taking another cheap Judy-type center fielder or a strike throwing nice guy pitcher.

  7. #7

    Lightbulb Head scratcher

    Quote Originally Posted by twinswon1991 View Post
    The season was over as soon as Ryan was rehired as GM. He proved he is clueless when he gave up a first round pick for the right to overpay Capps. And then the clueless one (TR) gave a rediculus deal to Marquis when no other team would bother to give him a Minor League ST Invite. Can't wait to see how Ryan screws up the draft pick by taking another cheap Judy-type center fielder or a strike throwing nice guy pitcher.
    Wow! Strong words. I oartially agree with you about Capps but I don't see the Marquis deal as "rediculous." As far as the draft goes, if you are referring to nice guy pitchers such as Stanford beast RHP Mark Appel or Lucas Giolito then I'll take them. The Twins have the 2nd overall pick in this years draft as well as the first (32nd overall) and 11th (42nd overall) selections respectively in the supplemental first round. This is the round that is between the first and second rounds. I think the Twins will gather some damn fine pieces but especially add a top of the rotation type starting pitcher. This will hopefully be a guy that will come up with the likes of Sano, Hicks, Rosario and Gibson.

    This years draft is June 4-6, 2012.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
©2014 TwinsCentric, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Interested in advertising with Twins Daily? Click here.