Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Article: Butera, Waldrop, Holliman Out, Burroughs Likely In for Opening Day Roster Spot

Senior Member Triple-A Dilligaf69's Avatar
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I agree that Dinkleman has outperformed Burroughs

I was hoping the Twins would take Butera off the 40-man roster, but I'm glad they met me halfway.

Junior Member Rookie
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Torse View Post
    Other than he's one of the worst hitters anyone has ever seen in the major leagues.
    What part of this has anything to do with what I said.

Junior Member Rookie
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries

Burroughs

Quote Originally Posted by John Bonnes View Post
    As much as has been written about what a waste it is to carry a 3rd catcher, what about a left-handed pinch hitter who is limited positionally and doesn't have much pop? I'm trying to figure out where he bats. I guess for Casilla? Is there anyone else he hits for in this lineup? Carroll, maybe?
    He pinch hits for Valencia when matchups late in a game work that way - which they often will since many closers and setup guys are righties.

Can someone please explain to me why it is that anytime a player doesn't perform (or gets injured and doesn't heal fast enough), its Gardys fault? and anytime the team does something well, Gardy never gets any credit? Gardy didn't like the fact that Butera couldn't hit, he focused on the things that he did well because he was trying to make the best of a bad situation. The twins didn't have a better option at the time. That being said, after this spring training, I'm incredibly excited for this team! Can't wait for opening day!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12