Thread: Pavano Target of Extortion Bid

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Highabove's Avatar
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts
    Last edited by Highabove; 03-29-2012 at 04:47 AM.

Liked 7 Times in 4 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I heard about this on KQ this morning. This guy has a lot of other issues besides this little threat. I don't know what he's thinking because he's not going to get anything out of this.
    I bent my wookie...

Liked 35 Times in 27 Posts
    After reading that article, it sounds like this dude trying to extort Pavano sounds like he might be a few fielders short of an entire team, if you know what I mean.
    You can come up with statistics to prove anything. Forty percent of all people know that.

Liked 203 Times in 107 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Strange story!

Liked 115 Times in 65 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I thought the same thing. The Pavano family sounds like they're dealing with a guy with some mental health issues. I hope the leads to relief for them and help for him.

If there's no truth to the alligations, why wouldn't the family just continue to ignore the extortion threats and let him write the book? Surely there would be some legal measures that could be taken if what was written was false or defaming to his character.

Quote Originally Posted by RyeGuy View Post
    If there's no truth to the alligations, why wouldn't the family just continue to ignore the extortion threats and let him write the book? Surely there would be some legal measures that could be taken if what was written was false or defaming to his character.
    They did one better. They reported the story. The information that he's holding against the family that he had an 'emotional and physical relationship' with Pavano in high school is now out of the bag and now he has nothing in terms of book deal leverage.

Liked 35 Times in 27 Posts
    They guy claimed he had a $1.2 million book deal. Who would pay that much money to a guy for a book about an alleged relationship with Carl Pavano? Who would pay to read about that as well?
    You can come up with statistics to prove anything. Forty percent of all people know that.

Twins Daily Writer Big-Leaguer Cody Christie's Avatar
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Blog Entries
    Just an overall very strange story.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 197 Times in 125 Posts
    Sounds like the kind of book with Fabio on the cover. Probably would have won a Pulitzer.

Liked 29 Times in 22 Posts
    The Hidden Stache; A Carl Pavano Story. This guy is a loon.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer jimbo92107's Avatar
    Liked 17 Times in 8 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Odd time to even try extorting money from Pavano. Wouldn't this have worked better (if at all) when Pavano first went to the Yankees? I realize the guy's a knuckleball short of a four-pitch walk... He'd make more money writing a novel about how Pavano's mustache is haunted. A lot can happen under a 'stash that dark and mysterious... ;-)

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Highabove's Avatar
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts
    This Guy's Mother sits on the Police Commission.

You just can't make this stuff up.
    Last edited by Highabove; 03-29-2012 at 06:00 PM.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    from the article - "Outgoing New Britain Rock Cats owner Bill Dowling said he was surprised to hear news of the alleged extortion attempt. The Rock Cats are the Twins Class AA affiliate."

Amid a pile of who-the-f***-cares... Why was this thrown in? Who the f*** cares what "Outgoing New Britain Rock Cats owner Bill Downing said"? Who would ask him for a quote? Why would he answer? Why would they print it?