Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum

Thread: Article: Friday Links-N-Thinks

Twins Contributor Big-Leaguer Cody Christie's Avatar
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Blog Entries

Article: Friday Links-N-Thinks

Do you ever go to eBay and try and find cheap Twins stuff to purchase?

Yes. Often. And I'm not sure if I feel better or worse knowing that there are other like me.

Twitter
    @thrylos98
    Liked 446 Times in 273 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I think that it makes ZERO sense for the Twins to wear the uniform of a New York Giants affiliate... They should have worn Senator Uniforms if they wanted to do the throw back thing...

Quote Originally Posted by thrylos98 View Post
    I think that it makes ZERO sense for the Twins to wear the uniform of a New York Giants affiliate... They should have worn Senator Uniforms if they wanted to do the throw back thing...
    Lighten up, my friend, the Millers are an important part of Minnesota baseball history. Their success has a lot to do with the awarding of a MLB franchise to the Twin Cities. It does make sense to honor that team too.

Twitter
    @thrylos98
    Liked 446 Times in 273 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by luckylager View Post
    Lighten up, my friend, the Millers are an important part of Minnesota baseball history. Their success has a lot to do with the awarding of a MLB franchise to the Twin Cities. It does make sense to honor that team too.
    Understand. My point is that the Millers are part of the Giants' baseball history not the Twins' . Imagine the Twolves having a game with throw back Lakers Uniforms or the Wild with Northstar uniforms. Different franchises regardless of the locale.
    -----
    Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
    http://tenthinningstretch.blogspot.com/
    twitter: @thrylos98

Twitter
    @twinsgeek
    Liked 164 Times in 96 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Nobody in MN paid any attention to the Senators at any point in their existence. The only people that might care about hat history was the Griffiths. But thre are still plenty of fans that remember the Millers & Saints. The Millers even played in the Met, I think.

Senior Member All-Star Bark's Lounge's Avatar
    Liked 505 Times in 196 Posts
    Blog Entries
    This goes for any team: Vintage jerseys can be cool to sport sometimes and sometimes not depending on the look. If a team had a close proximity Negro League team from the past, it is great to respect that to the foremost. I am not too sure most fans would even get the Miller's jersey display. It's somewhat out of left field and will not resonate with the majority, but I guess it doesn't really matter. It's not like it is offensive. Seems like a waste of $ though.