Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Article: "Opening Day is One Week Away" Roster Projections

According to LaVelleNeal3, Kyle Waldrop has been place of the 15 day disabled list.

I'm also guessing that with only two catchers and the announcement about Morneau DHing that Mauer is not going to see much time as a DH, but I wonder about Doumit. Do we expect that he is the starting right fielder and the back up to Mauer or will he be a more traditional backup catcher - with Plouffe in right?

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 346 Times in 182 Posts
    Blog Entries
    The curse of "Seth's Projected Roster." Last week, I moved Manship into the mix with Waldrop for the final spots in the bullpen. Manship got hit hard that afternoon... Waldrop came down with an elbow problem... This week, I put Jeff Gray on the list for the first time, and he's getting hit pretty hard... Might mean Alex Burnett afterall... or Casey Fien?

Senior Member MVP
    Liked 530 Times in 351 Posts
    Seth posted above that he's surprised at who is being held back for extended spring? It's not a good sign when Seth thinks they are moving guys slower than he expected....

Twins Moderator MVP ashburyjohn's Avatar
    Liked 3,183 Times in 1,689 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MileHighTwinsFan View Post
    So is it pretty much the case that Revere will be a late inning defensive replacement for Willingham, pinch runner, and backup to Span? Looks like they don't need or want him in right at all.
    I think that's the signal we're reading, and is appropriate use for a young three-tool player.

Member Single-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I saw the game today in Dunedin and Parmalee looked really good at the plate. Hit a solid single and a long home run over the right center wall. Definitely ready for the next step. The swing was very powerful. When we arrived at the park, Gardy was signing autographs and taking pictures with the fans along the 3rd base line. I have criticized Grady in the past--but he was sure good with the fans.

Twitter
    @thrylos98
    Liked 432 Times in 262 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mike wants wins View Post
    Seth posted above that he's surprised at who is being held back for extended spring? It's not a good sign when Seth thinks they are moving guys slower than he expected....
    I think that the biggest surprises there might be Hudson Boyd and Travis Harrison staying for EST
    -----
    Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
    http://tenthinningstretch.blogspot.com/
    twitter: @thrylos98

Am I the only one here that thinks that Parmalee needs some ABs at AAA? I agree that he had a great September and has had a decent spring, but his minor league career he's a.266/.355/.436 hitter. I don't see how he's going to fare very well playing everyday with that track record. I hope that I'm wrong.

Twins Contributor All-Star Jeremy Nygaard's Avatar
    Twitter
    @jeremynygaard
    Liked 117 Times in 63 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Seth, by TON of players please tell me that you aren't talking about Sano and/or Rosario, a fear I've had since last fall.

Senior Member Triple-A jtrinaldi's Avatar
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jnygaard View Post
    Seth, by TON of players please tell me that you aren't talking about Sano and/or Rosario, a fear I've had since last fall.
    Sano and Rosario will be in Beloit. I have been told by a few peope high up that Sano and Rosario will be starting the year in Beloit, the players that are likely questionable to stay back are all the college pitchers that the Twins drafted last year, combined with all the pitchers that were in Beloit for half the year are likely to cause problems for the organization. Atherton,Acther,O Rourke,Tonkin,Carter,Shibuya,Williams,Boer,Gruver, Johnson,Kimes,Summers
    Follow my photography, group page can be found here.
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rinald...56164664420932

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 346 Times in 182 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jnygaard View Post
    Yeah, no worries about those guys! ha!

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Granted he tore it up there, but another big bodied 1B type only played A ball for the Twins - Kent Hrbek. If Parmalee successfully jumps from AA to the bigs and puts up 10 years of Hrbie type numbers, I don't think anyone will care that he missed AAA.

Liked 20 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hater View Post
    Unfortunately for Waldrop, he had done enough this spring -- and over his last two years in the minor leagues -- to earn a spot on the 25-man roster heading into the season opener - thats the quote I see from Phil Mackey. It's not referenced where he got that assumption. Even though Alex Burnett has sucked all i've heard is they want him for the 7th spot even before Waldrop got hurt. Waldrop stats from 2010/2011 back it up? AAA ball 2011 79IP 84H! Only 43Ks! Laughable! AND despite being a ground ball pitcher he gave up 7 jacks in AAA ball. But he has earned it... NOPE!
    What the heck is wrong with you?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12