Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Article: International Signing Preview

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 134 Times in 82 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by birdwatcher View Post
    I'm curious about the depth of talent internationally. The Twins "only" signed one of the top 20 rated prospects as rated by BA. Does anyone know which of our other top international prospects were rated among the top 20? Arcis, Polanco, Landa, Jorge, Randy Rosario, Danny Santana, Danny Ortiz, etc?
    I don't think the Twins landed a top 30 int'l prospect until the year they signed Sano. Thankfully they have changed their strategy on that because they developed very few Latin prospects in the last two decades (that they signed). There have been some like Guzman and Rivas a decade ago and Arcia and Ramos (all low bonus guys I'm pretty sure) recently.

Out of your list Polanco and Jorge were fringy top 30 guys. Kepler was about the same. Minier was a top 30 guy easily while Thorpe and Miguel Gonzalez were outside of the top 30 but signed for at least 500K IIRC.

Senior Member All-Star
    There's a difference between being critical of the MLB team and being critical of spending big money to build up a farm system. As a matter of fact if Cubs fans should be critical of anything it should be of the ignore the farm system strategy that was used for so many years that put them into this hole.

Twins News Team All-Star TheLeviathan's Avatar
    Liked 668 Times in 377 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kab21 View Post
    There's a difference between being critical of the MLB team and being critical of spending big money to build up a farm system. As a matter of fact if Cubs fans should be critical of anything it should be of the ignore the farm system strategy that was used for so many years that put them into this hole.
    Which they are. As the link I posted said, it's only the "meatheads" that are mad. Of course Cubs fans wish they weren't rebuilding - don't all of us Twins fans wish the same? But being upset we have to rebuild doesn't equate with being upset with how the rebuild is being done. Somehow that equivocation is happening and no logic or evidence seems to be breaking through.
    Last edited by TheLeviathan; 07-27-2013 at 09:19 PM.

Senior Member All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLeviathan View Post
    Which they are. As the link I posted said, it's only the "meatheads" that are mad. Of course Cubs fans wish they weren't rebuilding - don't all of us Twins fans wish the same? But being upset we have to rebuild doesn't equate with being upset with how the rebuild is being done. Somehow that equivocation is happening and no logic or evidence seems to be breaking through.
    We are and were in agreement.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 72 Times in 43 Posts
    Doogie tweets:

Biweekly #MNTwins int'l FA update: still no plans to trade $. Have 7 figures left to spend. Told they're getting very close to a signing.
    He adds that they are working on a couple of guys, so the remaining money will be spread out over multiple players.
    Papers...business papers.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011