Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum

Thread: Max Kepler

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Steve Lein's Avatar
    Twitter
    @HangingSL
    Liked 29 Times in 15 Posts
    Blog Entries

Max Kepler

Just wanted to start a thread about our budding German prospect, as I got to watch him play a lot this week and last down at Spring Training, and it appears others are there now or have been as well.

I was very impressed, he stood out more than anybody I got a chance to watch. It seemed every at bat I watched he laced a line drive somewhere for a hit and raced gracefully around the bases. I wasn't paying much attention to defense, focusing on the pitchers and hitters for pictures, but he was making a big impression in the batters box. Anyone else have any thoughts?

Video I took of him lining an opposite field double down the line: http://www.twitpic.com/8zswq4
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Scouting Report: Tools - Power: 30, Hitting: 50, Arm: 60, Defense: 40, Speed: 40. "Line drive swing and shows good contact and on-base abilities. Double's power at his peak. Strong arm from 2B or the OF, stiff hands. Not a fast runner, but above average instincts on the bases. Skinny body doesn't look the part, but can sneak up on you. ACL surgery sapped much of his athleticism." (Probably)
    Spring Training Regular since 2011.

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 380 Times in 201 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Kepler will start the season in Extended Spring Training, but i wouldn't be surprised if he is with Beloit before the E-Town season starts.

Senior Member All-Star Shane Wahl's Avatar
    Liked 124 Times in 90 Posts
    Blog Entries
    In 2015, the Twins will have Kepler, Benson, and Hicks in the OF, Arcia DHing, Sano, Michael/Dozier/Goodrum/free agents at SS/2B, Mauer/Herrmann/Rams/free agent at 1B and C. That team will be awesome. Hopefully the three years prior will be fruitful as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Seth Stohs View Post
    Kepler will start the season in Extended Spring Training, but i wouldn't be surprised if he is with Beloit before the E-Town season starts.

Seth, why wouldn't Kepler start the season in Beloit? It looked like he had a pretty good showing in E-Town last year. How long would he be in extended spring for?

OP - those are some nice pictures! Probably be great for a TTM

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 380 Times in 201 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tcarlic View Post
    Seth, why wouldn't Kepler start the season in Beloit? It looked like he had a pretty good showing in E-Town last year. How long would he be in extended spring for?
    Kepler is so raw as a prospect. All the talent, but it's not like he dominated offensively at E-Town. like I said, my guess is he and Goodrum would or could be promoted to Beloit if others get promoted to Ft. Myers or injured. It also wouldn't hurt for him to get to play in E-town again this year.

Quote Originally Posted by shanewahl View Post
    In 2015, the Twins will have Kepler, Benson, and Hicks in the OF, Arcia DHing, Sano, Michael/Dozier/Goodrum/free agents at SS/2B, Mauer/Herrmann/Rams/free agent at 1B and C. That team will be awesome. Hopefully the three years prior will be fruitful as well.
    Fantastic, now all we need is a whole bullpen and most of a starting rotation.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Steve Lein's Avatar
    Twitter
    @HangingSL
    Liked 29 Times in 15 Posts
    Blog Entries
    tcarlic - I assume you're talking about my pictures?! (OP= Original Poster ?). Thanks for the compliment. And excuse me if I'm a little slow, but what is meant by "TTM" so I can look into it? heh.
    Scouting Report: Tools - Power: 30, Hitting: 50, Arm: 60, Defense: 40, Speed: 40. "Line drive swing and shows good contact and on-base abilities. Double's power at his peak. Strong arm from 2B or the OF, stiff hands. Not a fast runner, but above average instincts on the bases. Skinny body doesn't look the part, but can sneak up on you. ACL surgery sapped much of his athleticism." (Probably)
    Spring Training Regular since 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by andrewberg View Post
    Fantastic, now all we need is a whole bullpen and most of a starting rotation.
    We will draft one of those guys with the #2 pick in this year's draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Lein View Post
    tcarlic - I assume you're talking about my pictures?! (OP= Original Poster ?). Thanks for the compliment. And excuse me if I'm a little slow, but what is meant by "TTM" so I can look into it? heh.

TTM stands for through the mail. You can send baseball cards, pictures, ect. to players with a letter asking them to sign it. You also send a self addressed stamped envelope so the player can send your item back. It's really fun, and a great way to add to a collection. I'm sure players would enjoy an extra of their photo too.