Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bold Twins Predictions for 2012

Senior Member All-Star Ultima Ratio's Avatar
    Liked 105 Times in 51 Posts
    -Morneau hits for the cycle
    -Span hits.325 and is an All-star
    -Perkins converts more saves than Joe Nathan
    Man is born free, but everywhere he is in chains.

Parmelee wins AL ROY.
    Perkins sets the MLB record for holds in a season.
    Capps gets 40+ saves.
    Valencia becomes a 20 HR, 100 RBI hitter.
    4 players surpass 20 HR's (Morneau, Valencia, Willingham, Parmelee)
    Gardy loses the rest of his hair because he misses Ozzie.

Senior Member All-Star Bark's Lounge's Avatar
    Liked 504 Times in 195 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Gardy is walking down some street in Ft. Myers this spring. Suddenly there is a flash! From nowhere appears a DeLorean and Dr. Emmitt Brown emerges from this vehicle. Dr. Brown shouts, "Gardy! We have to fix the future, come with me!" Gardy being the age of 27/28 at the time of the release of the movie "Back to the Future" feels a little nostalgic and agrees, not knowing what he is getting into. Dr. Brown and Gardy get into the DeLorean and travel back to 1982, where Dr, Brown instigates the kidnapping or coercion of talking the 24/25 year old Gardenhire into coming to the future. Dr. Brown, Old Gardy and Young Gardy get back to present day Ft. Myers and Old Gardy immediately installs Young Gardy as his starting Shortstop. Old Gardy then convinces Terry Ryan to trade Aaron Hicks for Nick Punto and Punto is installed as our starting 3rd baseman. Danny Valencia is shocked, but is convinced by Emmitt Brown, that as a 3rd baseman he would be an offensive and defensive baseball star in the 1910's and he will take him there. As Dr. Brown and Danny Valencia are about to leave in the DeLorean, traveling to the 1910's, Dr. Brown has a thought: Hmmm, I wonder if 1992 Jeff Reboulet could help the 2012 Twins... Let's find out!

86 wins -- Mauer wins another batting title and belts 22 HRs 105 RBI (All-Star)
    Mourneau plays well but only plays about 100 games 70 or so as DH... 25 HRs .277 BA
    Liriano (All-star) wins 18 games 3.35 ERA -- flip side Baker pitches little and his option is NOT picked up.
    Big breakout for Parmalee at 1B (15 HRs and 75 RBI) and everyone is talking about Morneau's future with Twins by end of season.
    Middle Infield and Starting Pitching continue to be Achillies heal (Dozier is given a shot but doesn't play that well)
    TwinsFiend
    The Crazy, Fanatical Fan!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by twinsfiend View Post
    86 wins -- Mauer wins another batting title and belts 22 HRs 105 RBI (All-Star)
    Mourneau plays well but only plays about 100 games 70 or so as DH... 25 HRs .277 BA
    Liriano (All-star) wins 18 games 3.35 ERA -- flip side Baker pitches little and his option is NOT picked up.
    Big breakout for Parmalee at 1B (15 HRs and 75 RBI) and everyone is talking about Morneau's future with Twins by end of season.
    Middle Infield and Starting Pitching continue to be Achillies heal (Dozier is given a shot but doesn't play that well)
    Let's up the ante for Mauer:
    Year Age Tm Lg G PA AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI SB CS BB SO BA OBP SLG OPS OPS+ TB GDP HBP SH

2012 29 MIN AL 143 606 456 135 185 33 3 37 120 2 4 147 27 .406 .553 .735 1.287 234 335 10 3 0

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Highabove's Avatar
    Liked 22 Times in 15 Posts
    We absolutely do not want to witness this in the regular Season. Our Bullpen going up in smoke!

Last edited by Highabove; 03-29-2012 at 10:49 PM.

I agree with just about everything Itwedt says, particularly with Grady and his health. There could be trouble ahead. I disagree in that I think Morneau will play more than 120 games. One prediction: Luke Hughes will become a starter and hold a position for for 7+ years.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Highabove View Post
    We absolutely do not want to witness this in the regular Season.

True dat. True Dat. True Dat.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer mikeee's Avatar
    Liked 36 Times in 24 Posts
    Drew Butera will make the team and bat over .200

Twitter
    @Andy_Twitchell
    Liked 21 Times in 14 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bark's Lounge View Post
    Gardy is walking down some street in Ft. Myers this spring. Suddenly there is a flash! From nowhere appears a DeLorean and Dr. Emmitt Brown emerges from this vehicle. Dr. Brown shouts, "Gardy! We have to fix the future, come with me!" Gardy being the age of 27/28 at the time of the release of the movie "Back to the Future" feels a little nostalgic and agrees, not knowing what he is getting into. Dr. Brown and Gardy get into the DeLorean and travel back to 1982, where Dr, Brown instigates the kidnapping or coercion of talking the 24/25 year old Gardenhire into coming to the future. Dr. Brown, Old Gardy and Young Gardy get back to present day Ft. Myers and Old Gardy immediately installs Young Gardy as his starting Shortstop. Old Gardy then convinces Terry Ryan to trade Aaron Hicks for Nick Punto and Punto is installed as our starting 3rd baseman. Danny Valencia is shocked, but is convinced by Emmitt Brown, that as a 3rd baseman he would be an offensive and defensive baseball star in the 1910's and he will take him there. As Dr. Brown and Danny Valencia are about to leave in the DeLorean, traveling to the 1910's, Dr. Brown has a thought: Hmmm, I wonder if 1992 Jeff Reboulet could help the 2012 Twins... Let's find out!
    Umm...What?
    I bent my wookie...

Quote Originally Posted by Seth Stohs View Post
    Matt Capps will record 35 or more saves.
    I'd be surprised if he got 35 save opportunities.
    "Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand."

Quote Originally Posted by Gernzy View Post
    Umm...What?
    I think it is a satirical take on Gardy's propensity to be loyal to light-hitting middle infielders that he takes a liking to, starting with himself.
    "Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand."

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Twins win 75 games

-Mauer has a good season, .330, 10-15 HR's
    -Morneau is sorta healthy and sorta productive, but not the same player
    -Capps is average, saves some games, blows a few
    -Liriano has a good start to the season and is traded at the deadline
    -Twins Defense is improved from last year, but still poor
    -Starting pitching is way below average, and the bullpen is about the same.

Halfway through the 2002 American League Championship 10-Tear anniversary celebration, Doug Mientkovich will interrupt, remind everyone that he won a World Series with the Red Sox in 2003, and leave. Koskie will declare the celebration "stupid" and TC will have to fill the 20 minutes remaining in the celebration before first pitch by dancing to several generic Latin-beats songs that had been queued up for Christian Guzman and Luis Rivas (their old walk-up-to-the-batter's-box songs.)
    Last edited by woolhouse; 03-30-2012 at 12:28 PM.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Blog Entries
    I have to add what my bold predictions are.

Luke Hughes will take over for Danny Valencia full time by the end of the year
    Trevor Plouffe will be our starting right fielder
    Morneau stays healthy and hits 28 HR
    Doumit has a breakout year hitting 18 HR, 90 RBI playing more often
    Twins win 81 games
    Twins trade Liriano at the trade deadline
    Mauer is healthy and bats over .330, the surprise will be 15 HR, as he learns to be more of a pull hitter, understands he is going to have to hit more doubles and HR's over walking.

Not sure if those are really bold or not.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    - Nick Blackburn posts a sub 3.30 ERA and is the ace of the staff
    - Joe Benson posts the highest WAR of all position players in 2012 after winning the everyday job in RF in early June
    - Danny Valencia gets traded mid-season after a solid first half of the season
    - Jason Marquis gets released or traded by July 1

Capps would get over 40 saves IF the Twins were in position to win enough games. Hard to get 40+ on a bad team.
    "Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. Sometimes it rains."

Carl Pohlad wins the Mega Millions.

Twins trade Nick Blackburn to the Angels for Albert Pujols.

This happens before the trade deadline.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeee View Post
    Drew Butera will make the team and bat over .200
    Sorry, already busted.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I don't ever remember entering a season as hard to predict as this one. But I'll give it a go.

-Mauer and Capps have big bounceback years and silence a bunch of their critics
    -Morneau gets off to a nice start but somehow hits is noggin again and is forced to retire
    -The Twins will be much better than expected and hang in a 3-way race with Cleveland and Detroit (who will not be as good as expected) for a lot of the season before tailing off in September and finishing third
    -This will be Gardenhire's final year managing the Twins.

-

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast