Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Game Thread: Twins vs. Angels, 4/17 - 7:10pm

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Blog Entries
    Darin Mastroianni will be sidelined for three weeks with a stress reaction in his left ankle.

Mastroianni initially hurt the ankle on March 25 and was finally placed on the disabled list Tuesday. He'll wear a walking boot for the next 10-14 days. Oswaldo Arcia was recalled to replace him on the roster.

Source: Tyler Mason on Twitter

Senior Member Big-Leaguer amjgt's Avatar
    Liked 163 Times in 94 Posts
    I think at this point they have to be regretting postponing this game. It was "light rain/mist" the whole time the game was to be played, and in the mid to upper 30s. Obviously not GREAT baseball weather, but given the circumstances of LA not coming back to MN, you've got to try to get 5 innings in.

Someone blew it.

Please ban me! All-Star stringer bell's Avatar
    Liked 485 Times in 318 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I have mixed reactions to the postponement. 1) It was a good time to play the Angels and a good opportunity to win three against what will be a good team. 2) It would have been another cold and wet day with few fans in the seats. There likely won't be many more in the seats for the makeup game. 3) A makeup game will probably put pressure on the Twins' weak pitching staff in midsummer.

Senior Member All-Star SpiritofVodkaDave's Avatar
    Liked 360 Times in 182 Posts
    Meh. Postponements happen all the time in the early season.

It kinda sucks since I think they had a real nice chance at a sweep and sort of get things back on the right track for a minute or two.

Was looking forward to seeing if Mauer could also collect 12 hits in 3 days which would have even beat Pucketts best series.

Quote Originally Posted by amjgt View Post
    I think at this point they have to be regretting postponing this game. It was "light rain/mist" the whole time the game was to be played, and in the mid to upper 30s. Obviously not GREAT baseball weather, but given the circumstances of LA not coming back to MN, you've got to try to get 5 innings in.

Someone blew it.
    I would think so too. I cringed when I saw Dave St. Peter tweeting people at 5pm who were asking if they should make a 2-hour drive to the game, and he told them it would be on. It was strange that they've had such early postponements for other weather, but delayed extremely last minute for what pretty much everybody though would be a rain storm (turning to snow some time on Thursday).

By 9:30pm or 10pm, I guess you could argue the rain was a little bit "sleet-ish", but given what they played through already in several other games, it was not cancellation-worthy. I would argue the game in Kansas City a week ago that looked like a monsoon was much worse.

And please, anyone with the "shoulda built a retractable roof!" argument, get some perspective. There have been cancellations all over the Midwest and East Coast this April - the amount of cold and precipitation have both been unusually high. I've been to two games this April, and both were cold, but it was still a good overall experience. I'd rather deal with that one month than have to look at an ugly airplane hangar like in Milwaukee the other 5 months of the season when the weather will be nicer.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12