Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25

Thread: Game Thread: Twins vs. Angels, 4/17 - 7:10pm

  1. #1
    Pixel Monkey MVP Brock Beauchamp's Avatar
    Posts
    6,696
    Like
    32
    Liked 774 Times in 425 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6

    Game Thread: Twins vs. Angels, 4/17 - 7:10pm

    Lineups:

    Twins:
    Brian Dozier 2B
    Joe Mauer DH
    Josh Willingham LF
    Justin Morneau 1B
    Ryan Doumit C
    Trevor Plouffe 3B
    Oswaldo Arcia RF
    Aaron Hicks CF
    Pedro Florimon SS
    (Vance Worley P)

    Angels:
    J.B. Shuck LF
    Mike Trout CF
    Albert Pujols DH
    Josh Hamilton RF
    Mark Trumbo 1B
    Howard Kendrick 2B
    Chris Iannetta C
    Brendan Harris SS
    Luis Jimenez 3B
    (Tommy Hanson P)

  2. #2
    Head Moderator All-Star glunn's Avatar
    Posts
    4,510
    Like
    2,347
    Liked 293 Times in 165 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Is the weather going to cause this game to be postponed?

  3. #3
    Please ban me! All-Star stringer bell's Avatar
    Posts
    2,546
    Like
    84
    Liked 134 Times in 94 Posts
    Blog Entries
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by glunn View Post
    Is the weather going to cause this game to be postponed?
    I was wondering the same thing. It is not raining here in Rochester, but could start at any time. Regardless, there won't be any baseball tomorrow--a rain/snow mix with a possible accumulation of several inches of snow (did I just write that for April 18th?). So, if the game is postponed today, they will have to find a common off day to get the game in.

  4. #4
    Please ban me! All-Star stringer bell's Avatar
    Posts
    2,546
    Like
    84
    Liked 134 Times in 94 Posts
    Blog Entries
    25
    I just checked local radar and it looks like there might be a chance to get the game in. Depends on whether the front moves north. As far as Cedar Rapids playing, they looked locked in the storm front, not much chance there will be a game there.

  5. #5
    Senior Member MVP
    Posts
    5,143
    Like
    375
    Liked 336 Times in 224 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by glunn View Post
    Is the weather going to cause this game to be postponed?
    Has the MLB master-scheduler been fired yet, or at least had a reprimand placed in his file?

    I get that you have to annually rotate who plays against whom, where, in early April, but there has to be a way to schedule the northern teams so that they are playing more frequent common opponents rather than the "one time through" types- to help make the make-up options more amenable.

  6. #6
    Please ban me! All-Star stringer bell's Avatar
    Posts
    2,546
    Like
    84
    Liked 134 Times in 94 Posts
    Blog Entries
    25
    I'll be 59 years old on Friday and I have never, never ever seen a "spring" like this. It can be reasonably accepted that it will rain some in April--unfortunately the cold and precip has been unrelenting this month. Perhaps there should be some adjustments, but if you wait to play your "once through" games until late, there are fewer possible make-up dates.

  7. #7
    Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Posts
    603
    Like
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    With the way the Angels are playing right now, the Twins wanna get this game in today an way they can.

    Lineups are up btw.

    1. shuck LF
    2. Trout CF
    3. Pujols DH
    4. Hamilton RF
    5. Trumbo 1B
    6. Kendrick 2B
    7. Ianetta C
    8. Harris SS
    9. Jiminez 3B
    P. Hanson

    1. Dozier 2B
    2. Mauer DH
    3. Hammer LF
    4. Mourneau 1B
    5. Doumit C
    6. Plouffe 3B
    7. Arcia RF
    8. Hicks CF
    9. Florimon SS
    P. Worley

  8. #8
    Super Moderator MVP Riverbrian's Avatar
    Posts
    7,042
    Like
    1,177
    Liked 682 Times in 439 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by stringer bell View Post
    I'll be 59 years old on Friday and I have never, never ever seen a "spring" like this. It can be reasonably accepted that it will rain some in April--unfortunately the cold and precip has been unrelenting this month. Perhaps there should be some adjustments, but if you wait to play your "once through" games until late, there are fewer possible make-up dates.
    The thing that really makes me pause about the weather this April... Without Global Warming... The Temp would be around 5 degrees.

  9. #9
    Senior Member All-Star Willihammer's Avatar
    Posts
    2,379
    Like
    249
    Liked 191 Times in 109 Posts
    Blog Entries
    9
    Awesome. Hammertime

  10. #10
    Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Posts
    616
    Like
    39
    Liked 94 Times in 56 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverbrian View Post
    The thing that really makes me pause about the weather this April... Without Global Warming... The Temp would be around 5 degrees.
    It's only 90 here in Ft Myers, and I have to head back to Minnesota in a few days. They say spring travels north at 11 miles per day. If you see someone driving really slow on I75, give me a wave.

  11. #11
    Head Moderator All-Star glunn's Avatar
    Posts
    4,510
    Like
    2,347
    Liked 293 Times in 165 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by jokin View Post
    Has the MLB master-scheduler been fired yet, or at least had a reprimand placed in his file?

    I get that you have to annually rotate who plays against whom, where, in early April, but there has to be a way to schedule the northern teams so that they are playing more frequent common opponents rather than the "one time through" types- to help make the make-up options more amenable.
    I think that the the Angels' rally monkey is MLB's master scheduler.

  12. #12
    Head Moderator All-Star glunn's Avatar
    Posts
    4,510
    Like
    2,347
    Liked 293 Times in 165 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    According to the Twins website and CBSsportsline.com, tonight's game has been postponed for rain. I suppose that John and his blond goddess avatar will have to think of something else to do tonight.

  13. #13
    Super Moderator MVP Riverbrian's Avatar
    Posts
    7,042
    Like
    1,177
    Liked 682 Times in 439 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Dang it... Can't we find someone... Someone good with tools... Nail a bunch of plywood together.... Slide it over the top... And Voila... A roof for only when needed for the price of plywood.

  14. #14
    Super Moderator MVP ashburyjohn's Avatar
    Posts
    6,969
    Like
    1,041
    Liked 1,260 Times in 752 Posts
    Blog Entries
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverbrian View Post
    Dang it... Can't we find someone... Someone good with tools... Nail a bunch of plywood together.... Slide it over the top... And Voila... A roof for only when needed for the price of plywood.
    Sounds like (to plagiarize Willihammer) it's Hammer time.

  15. #15
    Senior Member All-Star cmathewson's Avatar
    Posts
    1,849
    Like
    136
    Liked 289 Times in 186 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    ____ and ____ and pray for snow. Fill in the blanks.
    "If you'da been thinkin' you wouldn't 'a thought that.."

  16. #16
    Senior Member All-Star Ultima Ratio's Avatar
    Posts
    1,655
    Like
    26
    Liked 26 Times in 13 Posts
    Uh, is it even raining right now? Too bad for the postponement.
    Man is born free, but everywhere he is in chains.

  17. #17
    Senior Member All-Star Ultima Ratio's Avatar
    Posts
    1,655
    Like
    26
    Liked 26 Times in 13 Posts
    Arcia goes back to AAA because no game, right?
    Man is born free, but everywhere he is in chains.

  18. #18
    Super Moderator All-Star
    Posts
    3,419
    Like
    167
    Liked 309 Times in 184 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    sweep

  19. #19
    Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Posts
    883
    Like
    109
    Liked 131 Times in 60 Posts
    Is it actually raining? I remember a couple years ago they postponed a game due to the threat of rain and they never got a single drop.

  20. #20
    Senior Member All-Star
    Posts
    1,251
    Like
    0
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Blog Entries
    1
    So the Twins sweep again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
©2014 TwinsCentric, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Interested in advertising with Twins Daily? Click here.