Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Eddie Rosario 2013

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Mr. Ed's Avatar
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
    3 hits including a 3 run triple in Monday's doubleheader split.

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Rosario .200 in his last 10 games,currently at .233. STRIB has an article on the move to AA for the FTM guys.

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Tuesday night Rosario 1-2/2BB/R in the Cats 3-1 win.

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
    3 hits including his 4th AA double, 2R/RBI.'Cats scored 5 in the 9th to win 7-5. Santana/Rosario pretty decent 1-2 spots in the order.

Now up to .275 in AA.

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
    .286 now for Rosario after a double/Solo HR Saturday (7/6/2013) in another NB win, 9-4.
    2R and 2RBI

Banned Big-Leaguer
    Liked 40 Times in 29 Posts
    Very good news!

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
    .290 for Rosario heading into this week, 11BB/20K in 107 at bats in AA.

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
    3-5/2 rbi's July 17 in 4-3 Cats win.

Now over .300 in AA

I willing to bet that he may make the team out of spring training 2014, but then who do you move?

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Joe A. Preusser's Avatar
    Liked 165 Times in 95 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozziedavisfan View Post
    I willing to bet that he may make the team out of spring training 2014, but then who do you move?
    I think you have to try Dozier at SS again. If that doesn't work plug Floriman back in there and move Doz to utility or AAA. It sucks, since Dozier has been kind of a moderate success story, but Rosario could be a very good 2B for a long time.

Twins News Team All-Star TheLeviathan's Avatar
    Liked 668 Times in 377 Posts
    I know Sano and Buxton are the studs - but I think I am most excited by this guy. A competent middle infielder?

Yes please!

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
    2-4/solo HR Thursday, 8 game hitting streak, .366 in past 10 games, .312 in AA now with .878 OPS in New Britain.

Twins Moderator All-Star diehardtwinsfan's Avatar
    Liked 823 Times in 517 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozziedavisfan View Post
    I'm not as confident as you here. I suspect he heads to Rochester for at least part of the season. Part of that may be service time related, but I do think the Twins are going to have to figure out their MI throughout the remainder of this year and probably into next year. If Dozier keeps doing what he's been doing lately, they are going to have to consider moving him back to SS or trading him to make room for Rosario. Right now, I don't see Dozier having much value, and even if he hits well through the end of the season, I don't see him getting much... Now if he continues this next year, they either trade him or move him to SS.

As for Florimon, he's done an OK job as well, but isn't exactly lighting the world on fire either. I suspect both Dozier and Florimon have played well enough to hold on to their jobs the rest of this year and into next, but if they falter, someone gets moved for Rosario.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Monkeypaws's Avatar
    Liked 113 Times in 68 Posts
    Florimon is a classic shortstop with some pop.

Dozier is a classic second baseman with some pop.

(Classic = very good fielding / somewhat light hitting).

I think they've been one of the success stories of this season.

However, Dozier needs to be the utility guy here. Following in the shoes of Denny Hocking and Nick Punto ain't bad. Give that boy some practice at 3rd and short next spring.

If Plouffe got comfortable at the IF/OF corners, this could be the foundation of a pretty nice bench for years to come.

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Rosario now out 3 straight games. Haven't seen what's up. Anyone w/info, please pass it along. Thanks.

My thing is that Rosario has hit at every level that he has been at. It's always been a where do you put him. or now can his defence improve enough to where the twins feel comfortable having him at 2b full time. I think he has answered those questions. That being said he still has to make the team out of spring training, and dozier has done enough that is not going to be easy. It's a nice problem to have.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 27 Times in 21 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Ed View Post
    Rosario now out 3 straight games. Haven't seen what's up. Anyone w/info, please pass it along. Thanks.
    I think it was mentioned in one of the Minor League daily writeups that he has Strep Throat.

I think the possibility that Jorge Polanco doesn't quite have the arm for SS makes our 2B position suddenly look almost too crowded.
    Last edited by ericchri; 07-24-2013 at 01:02 PM.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Joe A. Preusser's Avatar
    Liked 165 Times in 95 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ericchri View Post
    I think it was mentioned in one of the Minor League daily writeups that he has Strep Throat.

I think the possibility that Jorge Polanco doesn't quite have the arm for SS makes our 2B position suddenly look almost too crowded.
    No offense intended, but I laughed out loud when I read this. 2B will feel crowded if and when Rosario, Polanco and Dozier all play well enough to demand playing time with the Twins. And if that happens, we will have an easy time trading one of them for nice prospects since good MIs are hard to come by.

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Polanco in the 70s for rbi's.

Rosario in the blowout loss Saturday with a double and rBI.

Combined, gives him 24 doubles/7triples/8Hrs and 54 RBI's. Combined OPS in the .860s, an area unheard of in "Twins Territory" for 2nd basemen.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast