Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hendriks to Rochester

Member Single-A
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Blog Entries

Hendriks to Rochester

According to LEN III Hendriks is going to Rochester. Sounds like Gardy wants more consistency from him. Which makes sense as he has never seemed able to put it all together up here. Hopefully he goes back to Rochester and dominates like last year. Would love for him to come back to Minnesota quickly. How many more shots do the Twins give him at this point? He's still quite young but it doesn't seem like anyone has much faith in him at this point.

Liked 3,170 Times in 1,357 Posts
    "Gardy wants more consistency." IMO, the problem with Hendriks is he has been all TOO consistent.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 72 Times in 43 Posts
    I wonder if he ends up as the long man next year (he will be out of options), seems like it could be a good role for him. Wouldn't have to turn over a lineup three times.
    Papers...business papers.

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Liked 1,598 Times in 831 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Not even a little surprised by this.

Member Single-A
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Brock Beauchamp View Post
    Not even a little surprised by this.
    I can't say I was surprised, but I would have liked to see him get a follow up start to his last outing. He was at least a little better so it would have been interesting to see if he could have built on that or not.

At what point does he get leapfrogged by the likes of Deduno or Walters if they pitch well and the Twins have a need? I have to think Cole DeVries has the leg up on him at this point, too...

Twitter
    @thrylos98
    Liked 446 Times in 273 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AScheib50 View Post
    At what point does he get leapfrogged by the likes of Deduno or Walters if they pitch well and the Twins have a need? I have to think Cole DeVries has the leg up on him at this point, too...
    One thing you have to consider is that Hendriks has a good 5-8 years head start on those guys

People do not realize that Hendriks is only 8 months older than Aaron Hicks. He should not have any problems being in AAA for a bit. At this point I think that both DeVries and Deduno will be better at the MLB level. That said, Hendriks led the Twins starters in K/9 and K/BB and was second in WHIP. But the people who are running the Twins are looking at P/IP as the most importing number out there.

That said, Harden is starting to pitch in games next week (EST) and if everything goes well, I expect him in the Twins' rotation late May after a sting with the Miracle. And I hope the Twins are within a few games away at that point (or even better ahead )
    Last edited by Thrylos; 04-13-2013 at 03:47 PM.
    -----
    Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
    http://tenthinningstretch.blogspot.com/
    twitter: @thrylos98

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Liked 1,598 Times in 831 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by thrylos98 View Post
    That said, Hendriks led the Twins starters in K/9 and K/BB and was second in WHIP.
    That's akin to taking home gold at the Special Olympics.

Twitter
    @thrylos98
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Brock Beauchamp View Post
    That's akin to taking home gold at the Special Olympics.
    but getting rid of the guy who took the gold, while they are keeping the rest, says something. No?
    -----

Liked 33 Times in 24 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I'm really surprised Pedro Hernandez wasn't sent down, especially since he's had an injury? (Just wait, in 5 days, he'll be on the 15 day DL). I think this says something about Hendriks. I've lost faith in him, and he might just be a AAAA pitcher.

Twins Moderator MVP ashburyjohn's Avatar
    Liked 3,306 Times in 1,754 Posts
    Blog Entries
    What is the elusive "consistency" teams are looking for? Just in terms of results, Hendriks had a very bad first game, and improved in the second. If you didn't like the results of the first game, just send him down; if he does better his second time out, does lack of consistency mean he didn't stink twice, and that's what they were looking for?

Senior Member All-Star YourHouseIsMyHouse's Avatar
    Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
    Blog Entries
    So going forward this looks like the rotation we'll be going with.
    Worley 10.50 ERA, 3 G
    Diamond 8.31 ERA, 1 G
    Correia 3.14 ERA, 2 G
    Pelfrey 7.36 ERA, 2 G
    Hernandez 3.86, 2 G

Deduno has been good in Rochester so far and Devries is still on the DL. Plus, Walters and now Hendriks in AAA? What depth!
    Last edited by YourHouseIsMyHouse; 04-13-2013 at 08:20 PM.

Twitter
    @thrylos98
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by YourHouseIsMyHouse View Post
    Deduno has been good in Rochester so far
    take a mulligan on that
    -----

Twins News Team All-Star TheLeviathan's Avatar
    Liked 668 Times in 377 Posts
    I'd like to see some consistency in opportunity for Hendricks. Even if he's terrible for the next however many months...who cares? Hendricks has nothing more to prove in AAA.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 380 Times in 233 Posts
    Lack of consistancy? His first start was terrible, why would they want that consistantly? While his second start was far from an instant classic, it was still probably the fourth best performance from a Twins starter this year. Two outings and an improvement in the second and the judgements been made. This organization is a mess. I'm awful curious to see what the plan is with Pelfrey and Worley if they don't improve. I'm farily confident there is no plan and they are just winging it. Poorly.

Liked 33 Times in 24 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Two outings and an improvement in the second and the judgements been made. This organization is a mess. I'm awful curious to see what the plan is with Pelfrey and Worley if they don't improve.
    And not to mention Correia, who is bound to implode throwing an imperceptible 1.9 K/9. I'd much rather see a AAAA get a shot in the majors than a AAA pitcher pitch in the bigs when he's not ready. Very classy, Twins.

Please ban me! All-Star stringer bell's Avatar
    Liked 540 Times in 350 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I can't say that I'm delighted that Hendriks was sent down, but there aren't a lot of choices. It was either Hendriks or Hernandez and Pedro has thrown the ball pretty well so far. Three spots were guaranteed coming out of spring training--Worley, Pelfrey and Correia--and barring Marquis-like results they will stay in the rotation for at least another month. With Diamond being ready to go, somebody had to be demoted and the choice was Hendriks. Despite an okay outing in KC, Liam didn't get past the fifth, used an inordinate amount of pitches classified as strikes, and couldn't put people away. I think Hendriks still has a chance and probably will get another shot in the not-to-distant future, but the Twins aren't going to abandon Worley or Pelfrey because of one bad outing each.

Administrator Double-A Twins Daily Admin's Avatar
    Liked 18 Times in 12 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Well, I'm surprised. No, Hendriks has not put everything together at MLB, but Hernandez hasn't really put things together at AAA. It's not an egregiously bad move, but I was surprised. Especially after Hernandez was used in the game last night.

Here's the thing - immediately after Hernandez' first game in the postgame interview, Gardy hinted that Pedro was going to be the one to be sent down. So either Gardy didn't understand the rest of the organizations' thoughts on that or Hendrick's second game somehow swung the balance. That doesn't seem like a particularly wise reaction.

Banned All-Star
    Liked 75 Times in 49 Posts
    It could be having another left hander on the roster was important?

Slightly interesting fact: Liam Hendriks is 8 months older than Aaron Hicks.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast