Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Article: Series Preview: Twins vs Mets, 4/12

Liked 306 Times in 164 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Can't wait for that Willie/Boggs/Ramirez outfield on a day game after night game...

95.5% of twins runs allowed have come with bases loaded. truefactstat.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Gibby's Avatar
    Liked 82 Times in 57 Posts
    That Alabama boy doesn't look too comfortable out there.
    Last edited by Gibby; 04-12-2013 at 09:57 PM. Reason: cant spell

Atchison looks like he's my age.

Senior Member All-Star Willihammer's Avatar
    Liked 170 Times in 96 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Gary Cohen: Atchison really defines the look of a "grizzled veteran," doesn't he Keith?

Keith Hernandez: He needs a little Just for Men

Senior Member All-Star Willihammer's Avatar
    Liked 170 Times in 96 Posts
    Blog Entries
    At what point do you designate one or two of the position guys to mop up these blowouts so we can save the semi-useful guys like Duensing for games where we aren't being 10-runned?

I see we have a real murder's row coming up.

I get to watch my kid in the first playoff game of her pro career tomorrow. If they win, I'm heading out to Italy to watch the rest. I doubt I'll miss much with the Twins.

Liked 659 Times in 426 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
    I get to watch my kid in the first playoff game of her pro career tomorrow. If they win, I'm heading out to Italy to watch the rest. I doubt I'll miss much with the Twins.
    You should explain... That's sound kinda cool.

She was an All American middle blocker for the Gophers volleyball team. She now plays on the National team, and is playing pro in Italy in the off season. I spent February over there watching her, and spent last winter watching her play in Japan. Soon as the playoffs are over I get her back home for a couple weeks before she has to hit the gym in Anaheim.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
    Blog Entries
    In addition to this abortion, Winfield signs with Seattle, the Wolves fumble another game away in the final minutes, and all of the teams the Wild needed to lose tonight are getting points.

Such is the life of a Minnesota sports fan.

Quote Originally Posted by one_eyed_jack View Post
    In addition to this abortion, Winfield signs with Seattle, the Wolves fumble another game away in the final minutes, and all of the teams the Wild needed to lose tonight are getting points.

That's the way its been for a couple years now. I don't think anyone expected much of the Twins this year. It would be nice for them to at least look like they cared about being competitive. Christ! My high school coach would chew out asses for an hour after something like this.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Blog Entries
    The Twins fans got this comin.

Blog Entries
    She was an All American middle blocker for the Gophers volleyball team. She now plays on the National team, and is playing pro in Italy in the off season. I spent February over there watching her, and spent last winter watching her play in Japan. Soon as the playoffs are over I get her back home for a couple weeks before she has to hit the gym in Anaheim.
    That is fantastic! Congrats to her! Sounds like a a lot of fun... I feel sorry for your wallet tho!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by one_eyed_jack View Post

Jeez... I suppose next you are going to tell me that they hired some 30 year old to coach the Men's basketball team.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Gun View Post
    The Twins fans got this comin.
    Gun... You crack me up

Senior Member MVP
    Liked 324 Times in 214 Posts
    Blog Entries
    That's the way its been for a couple years now. I don't think anyone expected much of the Twins this year. It would be nice for them to at least look like they cared about being competitive. Christ! My high school coach would chew out asses for an hour after something like this.
    Warning....Warning....that kind of talk could raise some dissenting opinions....

Quote Originally Posted by Riverbrian View Post
    That is fantastic! Congrats to her! Sounds like a a lot of fun... I feel sorry for your wallet tho!
    It gets a little spendy, but her pro contracts include round trip flights for my wife and I.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
    Blog Entries
    ---Yeah I thought this year would be better than last year. Not a ton more wins, but at least more competitive games. And I guess there have been, but this one and Pelfrey's last start followed the all too familiar script of the game being over before the Twins heart of the order even had a chance to bat.

As far as the not caring thing, I think they do care, but when you're facing an 8-run deficit in the second inning, I'm sure it's hard not to feel defeated. That said, I see your point. The T-Wolves are my winter distraction, and it's been a long year from them thanks mostly to injuries. But when you watch Rubio at the end of games, he plays hard until the last whistle and, you can tell how he feels about losing. He hates it with the white hot passion of a thousand burning suns. It disgusts him to his very core. I understand that over the course of 162 games, you can't get too high or too low, or live and die with every game. But I'd like to see more of that revulsion of losing expressed by the Twins sometimes.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jokin View Post
    Warning....Warning....that kind of talk could raise some dissenting opinions....
    Cue Eddie Vedder... The Dissident is here...

I'll be back to a conformist tomorrow.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast