Lucas Duda DH
    Marlon Byrd RF
    Mike Baxter LF
    Ruben Tejada SS
    (Jonathon Niese P)

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I see the Twins face two more very good starters in this series. Twins had better start hitting or this could be another terrible April.

If Deduno is 10 days behind Scott Baker in his rehab, that makes him pretty useless. If he's 10 days behind Diamond, that makes him intriguing but his usefulness is TBD.

Going forward, we should rename our former pitcher Scott Banker due to the salary collected the last few years without actually pitching.

Perhaps banking on global warming, Selig-style, isn't such a good idea....

Senior Member MVP
    Liked 535 Times in 354 Posts
    Baseball is meant to be outside. This is the downside risk to that move. Bummer for now, but totally worth it most of the time.

We need games, so we can find something new to talk about....
    Lighten up Francis....

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Liked 1,519 Times in 794 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
    If Deduno is 10 days behind Scott Baker in his rehab, that makes him pretty useless. If he's 10 days behind Diamond, that makes him intriguing but his usefulness is TBD.

Going forward, we should rename our former pitcher Scott Banker due to the salary collected the last few years without actually pitching.
    Heh, whoops.

Fixed.

Liked 3,014 Times in 1,280 Posts
    Gonna get this game in?

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Metrodome for the weekend? Every ticket is General Admission?

Senior Member All-Star Ultima Ratio's Avatar
    Liked 105 Times in 51 Posts
    Help me remember why no retractable roof was built -- money (by who, taxpayers/owners), aesthetics, engineering/space -- what? I never understood this. Minneapolis is the only major city where you can count on a white Christmas (like 75% of the time), no other major city is above 50%, even Denver is 50%.
    Man is born free, but everywhere he is in chains.

Senior Member All-Star Willihammer's Avatar
    Liked 380 Times in 212 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3 years and not a single snow-out. Not one today either. Not one tomorrow. The snow hasn't been a problem. You don't pay $200m to fix non-existent problems.

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultima Ratio View Post
    Help me remember why no retractable roof was built
    Go watch a few games in Miller Park and then get back to me about that retractable roof.

Retractable roof stadiums ruin the outdoor feel of the game. Minnesota does just fine without it, just like Chicago and Boston do just fine without it.

Senior Member All-Star 70charger's Avatar
    Liked 176 Times in 85 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brock Beauchamp View Post
    Go watch a few games in Miller Park and then get back to me about that retractable roof.

Retractable roof stadiums ruin the outdoor feel of the game. Minnesota does just fine without it, just like Chicago and Boston do just fine without it.

I've never been there (though I suppose I will at some point), but looking at it on TV kind of reminds me of the middle of the Mall of America. If you could open that roof, you still wouldn't be outside...

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I've got no problems with Target Field whatsoever. I've been there once to experience it's majesty. I was at the Metrodome on several occasions. I can live with indoor baseball. Target Field, however, is an "experience". Weather is going to happen, we either live through it or postpone. I'm okay with either, we'll still play 162 and 81 of them will be in a gorgeous ballpark.

Liked 27 Times in 18 Posts
    Wilken Ramirez gets the start tonight in RF.

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 70charger View Post
    I've never been there (though I suppose I will at some point), but looking at it on TV kind of reminds me of the middle of the Mall of America. If you could open that roof, you still wouldn't be outside...
    Yeah, that's pretty much Miller Park.

To witness the park in its full glory, you really need a field level seat at a day game in August, where you spend most of the game wondering if you're going to succumb to heat stroke.

Senior Member All-Star Shane Wahl's Avatar
    Liked 113 Times in 81 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Thankfully, Hicks gets to bat RH tonight.

Twins News Team MVP
    Liked 815 Times in 518 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Help me remember why no retractable roof was built -- money (by who, taxpayers/owners), aesthetics, engineering/space -- what? I never understood this. Minneapolis is the only major city where you can count on a white Christmas (like 75% of the time), no other major city is above 50%, even Denver is 50%.
    Roofs are great if you like playing in mausoleums like Milwaukee. I'll go with a combination of $$$ and aesthetics.

Twins News Team MVP
    Liked 815 Times in 518 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by zenser View Post
    Wilken Ramirez gets the start tonight in RF.
    I know it's just me, but if you're going to rest someone on the lefty-lefty matchup tonight, I'd vote to keep your hottest hitter on the field, Parmelee, starting at First (.412 in his last 7 games), who has hit .333 versus lefties so far in 2013, and give Morneau the break- he's 0 for 8 against lefties and batting just over .200 over the last 7 days.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
    Blog Entries
    ---I vaguely remember hearing something at the time about it having to do with the site - the dimensions of the site were such it could either not support a retractable roof at all, or it would have been unbelievably expensive. So if they wanted a retractable rood, they needed to pick a different site.

No idea if there was actually anything to that, or if that was just posturing by people in support of that site and against paying for a retractable roof. I grew tired of the twists and turns of the stadium thing at some point, and I tuned out with a "call me when something is finalized" approach to it, so I may not be remembering this right.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast