John Mayberry Jr CF
    Luis Montanez LF
    Miguel Abreu 2B
    Vance Worley RHP

Twitter
    @Andy_Twitchell
    Liked 21 Times in 14 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Revere in RF. We'll see if he has a chance to make some plays.
    I bent my wookie...

I see the Phils got their A lineup in today........ Hopefully Frankie can keep 'em quiet.

Quote Originally Posted by Gernzy View Post
    Revere in RF. We'll see if he has a chance to make some plays.
    In Bollinger's recap of yesterday's game he said "the Twins executed a great relay, as Ben Revere got the ball to Alexi Casilla who threw Andino out at third." I'm curious about whether Casilla had to position himself 100 feet further out as someone suggested or if Revere found his missing arm.

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 347 Times in 183 Posts
    Blog Entries
    John Shipley just tweeted that in the AAA game, Trevor Plouffe is 3-3 with a double and two home runs. Not too bad!

Quote Originally Posted by Seth Stohs View Post
    John Shipley just tweeted that in the AAA game, Trevor Plouffe is 3-3 with a double and two home runs. Not too bad!
    What does this mean for Revere? Back to AAA to start the season?

I still can't believe the team is believing that Revere is a major leaguer! Plouffe can hit. Revere cannot. Then throw in the fact that he can't throw, it blows my mind!

Morneau Homer!!! #3!

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshii View Post
    What does this mean for Revere? Back to AAA to start the season?
    I don't think one 3-3 game will alter what anything means for Revere. My guess is he's up as the 4th OF and pinch runner... Plouffe likely the 5th OF and pinch hitter.

Wow, continues to be a great week for the big guy!
    Andrew Walter
    Twins Fan From Afar
    Providing Twins and Rock Cats Coverage
    http://twinsfanfromafar.blogspot.com
    Follow me on Twitter: @MNfanfromafar

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Blog Entries
    According to Dustin Morse, Trevor Plouffe was 4-4 with a double and THREE home runs in that AAA game against the Orioles.

Quote Originally Posted by Seth Stohs View Post
    I don't think one 3-3 game will alter what anything means for Revere. My guess is he's up as the 4th OF and pinch runner... Plouffe likely the 5th OF and pinch hitter.

Does this bother anyone else? Besides his range, what does Revere offer?

Quote Originally Posted by rinkratfrits View Post
    I still can't believe the team is believing that Revere is a major leaguer! Plouffe can hit. Revere cannot. Then throw in the fact that he can't throw, it blows my mind!
    Well, perhaps he's not a starting MLB outfielder, but he can track down fly balls that Plouffe could not reach, and he can steal bases at a good clip (and just generally run faster than Plouffe can), all of which are important attributes for a major leaguer. He'll probably be pretty good off the bench.
    Andrew Walter
    Twins Fan From Afar

Liked 128 Times in 83 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Twins Fan From Afar View Post
    Well, perhaps he's not a starting MLB outfielder, but he can track down fly balls that Plouffe could not reach, and he can steal bases at a good clip (and just generally run faster than Plouffe can), all of which are important attributes for a major leaguer. He'll probably be pretty good off the bench.
    Well said.
    You can come up with statistics to prove anything. Forty percent of all people know that.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 15 Times in 10 Posts
    Does this bother anyone else? Besides his range, what does Revere offer?
    If hitting .300 at each minor leaguer classifies as not hitting...then...I wish he could not hit as a 4th OF on the team.

EDIT: I'm not saying I want him to make the team, but if you could guarantee me he was going to hit .300+ and have 30-40+ steals...

Quote Originally Posted by Twins Fan From Afar View Post

TFFA - My opinion is that they should put the time into Benson and Hicks, not Revere. I'm not saying that Revere doesn't have his uses, but how often do you need just a glove and range in the OF? If you bring him in as a defensive replacement, what good is that if a guy gets on second? A single will always score that run. Plouffe has his problems too, I'm not denying that. I just think that it's time the Twins started to think about out-scoring their opponents now because the pitching staff is going to need it. Plouffe can produce more runs than Revere can save.

Twitter
    @Andy_Twitchell
    Liked 21 Times in 14 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshii View Post
    Morneau Homer!!! #3!
    Just got back from lunch and saw this. Got to love it! Morneau might be a good fantasy waiver pickup.
    I bent my wookie...

TFFA - My opinion is that they should put the time into Benson and Hicks, not Revere. I'm not saying that Revere doesn't have his uses, but how often do you need just a glove and range in the OF? If you bring him in as a defensive replacement, what good is that if a guy gets on second? A single will always score that run. Plouffe has his problems too, I'm not denying that. I just think that it's time the Twins started to think about out-scoring their opponents now because the pitching staff is going to need it. Plouffe can produce more runs than Revere can save.
    That's fair enough. I just think that some people that rag on Revere's poor arm or lack of power/OBP (both valid and significant faults, mind you) fail to acknowledge the fact that he's one of the few in the lineup that can score from first base on ball in the gap, or can be called on to steal second in a pinch, and have a pretty good shot at doing so. Parker Hageman had a good post several months ago, using some advanced defensive stats, that basically indicated (I'm really paraphrasing) that, what Revere lacks as a result of the arm he makes up for by having exceptional range.

But I agree in the sense that he's probably not the guy you want a sacrifice fly hit to if it's a tie game, and the winning run is on third!
    Andrew Walter
    Twins Fan From Afar

Revere might have more value as a bench player than starter: Defensive replacement, pinch-runner, pinch-hitter to start off an inning.

Was anyone on base for Morneau?
    Andrew Walter
    Twins Fan From Afar

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast