@twinsgeek
    Liked 167 Times in 98 Posts
    Blog Entries

Article: Gleeman and the Geek, Ep 88: Opening Week Intervention

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Liked 1,607 Times in 834 Posts
    Blog Entries
    It's pretty hilarious that Aaron mentioned the JJ Hardy comment by Bremer. I wanted to start pounding my face into the desk when I heard that comment.

How could someone watch so many baseball games and be so bloody wrong about a player that they've seen play at least 150 times?

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brock Beauchamp View Post
    It's pretty hilarious that Aaron mentioned the JJ Hardy comment by Bremer. I wanted to start pounding my face into the desk when I heard that comment.

How could someone watch so many baseball games and be so bloody wrong about a player that they've seen play at least 150 times?
    What was the comment?

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Liked 1,607 Times in 834 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePuck View Post
    What was the comment?
    Something along the lines of "Hardy wins Gold Gloves because he makes outs on the balls hit to him. He doesn't have great range or a great arm."

/facepalm

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brock Beauchamp View Post
    Something along the lines of "Hardy wins Gold Gloves because he makes outs on the balls hit to him. He doesn't have great range or a great arm."

/facepalm
    Wow! Yeah, I'm not any kind of fan of Bremer. He's full of nonsense which I hope he just says as a PR man for the team. Hope he doesn't actually believe all the nonsense he spews.

I think it's probably his way of backing the organization after their mess up. He likes to do that...even if it means slamming the fanbase, which he's done quite regularly over the past couple years.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    a year or two ago, I remember listening to Mitch Williams and Bremer do a game. Now, let me say this, I'm not a fan of Williams when he's in studio chatting on a panel, but he's really quite good on Saturday Fox games. He comes prepared and really gives good info.

anyway, he spent like half the game correcting Bremer's mistakes and did a very good job, overall, on the game itself. It was refreshing.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 16 Times in 13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePuck View Post
    Wow! Yeah, I'm not any kind of fan of Bremer. He's full of nonsense which I hope he just says as a PR man for the team. Hope he doesn't actually believe all the nonsense he spews.

I think it's probably his way of backing the organization after their mess up. He likes to do that...even if it means slamming the fanbase, which he's done quite regularly over the past couple years.
    I actually think this is exactly it. His comments often defend the moves made by the team, either directly or indirectly. More OT: Did anyone else think the whole giving away a Kevin Slowey signed ball came off as a bit -- almost rude?

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    I actually think this is exactly it. His comments often defend the moves made by the team, either directly or indirectly. More OT: Did anyone else think the whole giving away a Kevin Slowey signed ball came off as a bit -- almost rude?

He never misses an opportunity to rip Slowey...which I'll never understand.

Junior Member Rookie
    Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts
    The whole Kevin Slowey thing was bizarre. DickNBert were slamming Slowey for weeks on broadcasts, when Slowey wasn't even playing.

There was an all-out smear campaign against Slowey by the entire Twins organization. I've never seen them so on-message against any one player before.