Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum

Thread: Article: Friday Night Twins Minor League Report: Kernels win with Walk-Off

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 379 Times in 200 Posts
    Blog Entries

Article: Friday Night Twins Minor League Report: Kernels win with Walk-Off

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Oldgoat_MN's Avatar
    Liked 33 Times in 22 Posts
    Blog Entries
    These are great.

Seth - what are your thoughts on Kennys Vargas. If I recall correctly, you stated in an article earlier this year that you thought he would develop slower than some of his teammates.
    Would you please elaborate on that? (because I know you have nothing else to do)
    Thank you

Twins News Team MVP
    Liked 847 Times in 543 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3 questions to be begged from the Red Wings game

1) Is there more to this story on Ramon Ortiz hitting 3 batters?
    2) Any grudges left over from his departure from the organization?
    3) Is it too soon to thank him for giving someone else a chance to catch in Rochester?

Twins News Team MVP
    Blog Entries
    Lefty Brett Lee came on for the top of the 9th. He is scheduled to start for the Kernels on Tuesday, but he came in and struckout the side on his bullpen day.
    I wasn't aware that Lee was being moved into the rotation. Does this kid deserve a write-up and merit potential comer-status on a possible quick move up the prospect lists? He seems to have some decent upside- 22 YO, Lefty (!), Big and Lanky, 90MPH velocity, HI K% and K/BB of 4.25. What's not to like? Am I missing something here, Seth?

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts
    Good reporting on the Cedar Rapids game Seth!

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldgoat_MN View Post
    These are great.

Seth - what are your thoughts on Kennys Vargas. If I recall correctly, you stated in an article earlier this year that you thought he would develop slower than some of his teammates.
    Would you please elaborate on that? (because I know you have nothing else to do)
    Thank you
    I really like Vargas. He's got incredible power. Seeing him last year, the comparisons to David Ortiz are easy. He will need to continue to watch his weight, and he'll need more bat speed to catch up with good fastballs. However, he can hit a mistake a long ways!

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jokin View Post
    I wasn't aware that Lee was being moved into the rotation. Does this kid deserve a write-up and merit potential comer-status on a possible quick move up the prospect lists? He seems to have some decent upside- 22 YO, Lefty (!), Big and Lanky, 90MPH velocity, HI K% and K/BB of 4.25. What's not to like? Am I missing something here, Seth?
    Kernels are going with a 6-man rotation. Lee is definitely intriguing. Good and left handed. He was drafted about 2-3 times because of his talent and finally signed. Definitely worth watching.

Liked 716 Times in 380 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Another great report. Thanks, Seth!

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Blog Entries
    Jeremy Nygaard has the report for Saturday games. I'm about to start my trek back home! It's been an amazing experience the last four days in Cedar Rapids. I will be writing some stories in the coming weeks on Cedar Rapids players. I also had the chance to go one-on-one with Jake Mauer for 30 minutes before today's game. What a tremendous person and it's clear he is a great manager at this level. Lots coming, but now lots of driving!

Twins News Team MVP
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth Stohs View Post
    Kernels are going with a 6-man rotation. Lee is definitely intriguing. Good and left handed. He was drafted about 2-3 times because of his talent and finally signed. Definitely worth watching.
    Lee looks to become yet another reason to make the trip to Cedar Rapids. Did Mauer give you any timetable on Berrios and Kepler?

David Ortiz of the Boston Red Sox is in Fort Myers for rehab. He was at tonight's game of the Miracle vs. Bradenton. He started his career at Fort Myers.