• Burton

21 75.00%
  • Swarzak

7 25.00%
  • Burnett

0 0%
  • Gray

0 0%

Thread: Who will be the Twins' RH setup pitcher?

Senior Member All-Star Ultima Ratio's Avatar
    Liked 26 Times in 13 Posts

Question Who will be the Twins' RH setup pitcher?

With the bullpen coming in to focus, and pitching roles taking shape, one major role remains unsettled -- the right-handed setup pitcher. This role was Zumaya's to lose coming into spring training, but with his injury and a disheveled bullpen coming into '12, it remains a question -- and great concern in my opinion -- who will lock down the 8th inning with LH counterpart Perkins and create the bridge to Capps. Normally you want a guy who can miss bats and blow hitters away in the 8th and 9th. Who will it be this year?

In my opinion, Jared Burton leaves spring training as the RH setup. Could it be Swarzak, Gray, Burnett?
    Man is born free, but everywhere he is in chains.

Junior Member Rookie
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i think Jared Burton will be the RH setup pitcher

Billy Bullock?

Oh, that's right...

Senior Member Big-Leaguer J-Dog Dungan's Avatar
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Gray has been impressive, but Burton has exceeded expectations and been an above-average relief pitcher this spring. Burnett needs some time to develop in AAA, and Swarzak, while he is a lock to make the team, is more of the long relief/ spot starter guy.

The way things look right now, Swarzak will probably start the season in the rotation in place of either Baker or Marquis. It's hard to see any way both of those guys will be ready with the way spring has gone for them.

Twins Daily Writer Big-Leaguer Cody Christie's Avatar
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bigd1123 View Post
    The way things look right now, Swarzak will probably start the season in the rotation in place of either Baker or Marquis.
    I agree. It is looking more and more like the Twins might have to patch together the back end of the rotation to start the year.

Quote Originally Posted by twinstalker View Post
    Billy Bullock?

Oh, that's right...
    Yes it's a bad trade, but even in our org. he wouldn't be on the roster right now.