Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum

Thread: Article: TwinsDaily Update: A Half Million Strong

Twitter
    @twinsgeek
    Liked 158 Times in 94 Posts
    Blog Entries

Article: TwinsDaily Update: A Half Million Strong

Best Twins site ever! Thanks to you guys. Congratulations on your success.

Greetings from the Pacific Northwest. Great job on the site! I visited here yesterday for the first time and immediately signed up as a member. I don't want to miss out on this conversation. Looking forward to the season. Go Twins!

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Highabove's Avatar
    Liked 22 Times in 15 Posts
    What a concept! A place where a wide variety of views and opinions can be expressed along with respectable debate. A place where criticism of the Twins Organization is tolerated. Readers with opposing views will not be described as "stupid, misinformed, spoiled ,crazy and dumb" I can see why the likes of Phil Mackey and Jim Souhan are so irritated. Keep up the great work!!
    Last edited by Highabove; 03-28-2012 at 03:48 AM.

Great to hear about the success, and it's no surprise!

I joined - Add another to the mix! Great to see something like this again after the old boards went away! Lots of great content.

Liked 1,209 Times in 702 Posts
    Congratulations guys! And thanks for your work in creating the site and for all your posts. Thanks, too, to everyone who has posted blogs or commented in the forums. I may not comment every day but I browse this site at least once or twice a day.

Oh, and I'll get to the avatar thing sometime, I promise.

I agree with Twins Fan From Afar... no surprise. Congrats on the stellar stats, hope that helps bring in some good adverts. PS Avatar to come soon.

Great job guys - . . . and if you haven't listened to the Gleeman & the Geek pods, you really oughta!

Great posts+great management=35,000 and counting!

Senior Member Big-Leaguer jimbo92107's Avatar
    Liked 24 Times in 12 Posts
    Blog Entries
    From the very first day it was clear that Twins Daily had the best format for an online fan site. Really well designed...or was it a template from MS Publisher?

As for Spam and Avatar, Spam is underrated as a center fielder, and Avatar was a graphics extravaganza, but the plot was Pocahontas meets Cats, paint it blue and stick it on a goofy alien planet.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer righty8383's Avatar
    Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Pretty cool site so far. You guys(moderators) might want to do something about these spammers though. I just clicked on blogs only to see the 1st 14 blogs were all spam. Perhaps you guys might want to make it so new subscribers to the site have to wait 24 hours or more to create thier 1st blog or forum post. Just a thought.

Senior Member All-Star Bark's Lounge's Avatar
    Liked 490 Times in 189 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Highabove View Post
    What a concept! A place where a wide variety of views and opinions can be expressed along with respectable debate. A place where criticism of the Twins Organization is tolerated. Readers with opposing views will not be described as "stupid, misinformed, spoiled ,crazy and dumb" I can see why the likes of Phil Mackey and Jim Souhan are so irritated. Keep up the great work!!
    On the Souhan Tip. Whether it be television, radio or in print he seems like an arrogant prick. His pomposity/better than thou attitude forces me to turn off the TV, crumple up the newspaper and turn off the radio. It almost feels like abuse (no offense to victims of such acts). Get rid of him (job termination). We don't need him and never did. Let's spruce up this place!!!