Thread: Article: Twins Release Eight More Minor Leaguers - UPDATE 10 Releases

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 347 Times in 183 Posts
    Blog Entries

Article: Twins Release Eight More Minor Leaguers

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Wow, Bashore is a big surprise to me also. I had heard that he made a lot of progress last year before tiring in August. The others were expected and with everyone fighting for infield jobs at Rochester, Pearce isn't a surprise. Tootle is a bit of a shame, however, another guy who never got back from his injuries. Have you heard anything this spring about Gallant? I was told he was looking good last fall and over the winter.

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Blog Entries
    I think Pearce was hurt, but the emergence of Parmelee and the play of Bates really put him in a tough spot.

I'd heard reports and Gallant and Stillings were both throwing 95 in their first spring games... pretty impressive!

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Blog Entries
    Joe C posted that LaVelle is reporting that Jason Bulger has also been released. http://www.startribune.com/sports/tw...144372875.html

I'm surprised by Bashore and Tootle. Pearce will catch on somewhere. He can hit.

Twins Contributor All-Star Jeremy Nygaard's Avatar
    Twitter
    @jeremynygaard
    Liked 117 Times in 63 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Suarez surprises me a little bit. Not so much because of his age, but because he was given a six-figure bonus and was only around for a year. Granted, that may have been all the time they needed to realize that this wasn't a great investment. (Sound familiar?)

My kids are safe for another day. It was nice to see Chris a couple of weeks ago in spring training. Sorry to see him released.