Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Game Thread: Tigers @ Twins - 4/3, 3:05pm

Please ban me! All-Star stringer bell's Avatar
    Liked 139 Times in 99 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jocko87 View Post
    Did Dick just say one of the biggest hits in the history of the ballpark?
    Seems pretty preposterous, but the Twins had precious few walk-off hits in their first three years at Target Field. Thome and the Hammer each had a walk-off homer, I remember gamewinners from Span and Delmon, but really not much in more than three years.

Senior Member All-Star cmathewson's Avatar
    Liked 291 Times in 188 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritofVodkaDave View Post
    Didn't see the game, how did Correia look? Can't complain with 2 runs over 7 IP, we all hate the contract but who knows, if he can eat some innings and have a somewhat respectable ERA maybe he can be a solid #5 guy for us over the next two years. (Or be tradeable)
    Two sharp hits all game. The Jackson BB was on the 11th pitch, after he got ahead 0-2. Both Hunter's hits were inside-out singles, as was Cabrera's second RBI. Cab's first was a bleeder through the hole. He was ahead all day and just hitting his spots most of the time. 96 pitches, 7 innings of work. It was way better than I expected, of course.
    "If you'da been thinkin' you wouldn't 'a thought that.."

Pixel Monkey MVP Brock Beauchamp's Avatar
    Liked 794 Times in 429 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cmathewson View Post
    Two sharp hits all game. The Jackson BB was on the 11th pitch, after he got ahead 0-2. Both Hunter's hits were inside-out singles, as was Cabrera's second RBI. Cab's first was a bleeder through the hole. He was ahead all day and just hitting his spots most of the time. 96 pitches, 7 innings of work. It was way better than I expected, of course.
    Yeah, absolutely no complaints can be made about Correia's start. It was very solid.

Liked 298 Times in 167 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Twinsoholic View Post
    I'm excited for the Twins to play the Orioles I guess. So, one more against the Tigers. Gardy's guys need to extend the momentum and win the first series of the season against Leyland's club.
    Amen, Rookie.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 181 Times in 108 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Offense has definitely been suppressed these first two games, probably due in no small part to the cold and wind. Escobar's hit was easily the longest of the day, I think. A little hard to judge pitchers under these circumstances, but they got the job done.

Super Moderator All-Star ChiTownTwinsFan's Avatar
    Liked 855 Times in 530 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by glunn View Post
    According to CBS Sportsline --

The announced attendance was 22,963, the smallest crowd in terms of tickets sold since Target Field opened in 2010.

Let's hope that this is the lowest attendance for this season -- a lot of people missed the opportunity to see a great win.
    heh ... the White Sox had 5000something today.

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Gotta like the way the Twins have played the first two games. Pitching has been solid, hitting not so much but hard to look good VS Verlander.

Senior Member All-Star Ultima Ratio's Avatar
    Liked 32 Times in 17 Posts
    Will we see the obligatory get away/get some reps roster tomorrow? I'd bet Doumit catches, Mauer DH, Carroll and Escobar starting and perhaps Mastro for Parm if no longer injured.
    Man is born free, but everywhere he is in chains.

Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
    Blog Entries
    So this is obviously a small sample size, but looking at Correia v Sanchez, I was very pleased. Sanchez definitely has the ability to miss bats, but Correia was very efficient. 5/80 or 2/10. I gotta admit I thought we missed out on Sanchez, but maybe Terry is right. Of course Gray didn't look to bad in his first couple of appearances last year so maybe I should just enjoy the fact that we won an enjoyable game. Damn it's nice to have baseball coupled with hope again.

Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultima Ratio View Post
    Will we see the obligatory get away/get some reps roster tomorrow? I'd bet Doumit catches, Mauer DH, Carroll and Escobar starting and perhaps Mastro for Parm if no longer injured.

I hope not. I feel like Gardy does makes those drastic roster changes, instead of just resting one, to often. We need to get back to winning series. I don't see how he could justify essentially bailing on the first series of the year, and a home one at that.

Senior Member All-Star PseudoSABR's Avatar
    Liked 116 Times in 69 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultima Ratio View Post
    I was thinking something like that too, but maybe we see more starters because it's an opening series. The next off game is next Thursday, but there's two day games Sunday and Monday, so they might wait to rest Mauer and others until one of those games...

Liked 707 Times in 455 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Escobar at SS would be my guess. Doumit and Mauer may flip flop positions.

We shall see in a few hours.

Senior Member Triple-A Don't Feed the Greed Guy's Avatar
    Liked 205 Times in 83 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Speaking of small sample size: stealing games like this will make the difference this year. The Twins of 2011 & 12 lose this game. I don't think it's unreasonable to believe that this team could go .500, not much more, if they win 10 to 15 more games like this, over last year. One more reason for optimism? The top of the order has to warm up sometime. I predict a 7-5 score today. I hope we have the bigger number.

Super Moderator MVP ashburyjohn's Avatar
    Liked 1,271 Times in 759 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Twinsoholic View Post
    Gardy's guys need to extend the momentum and win the first series of the season against Leyland's club.
    If the team can just win every series I predict they'll have a solid year.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910