Thread: Article: Gleeman & the Geek Ep 34: Schmoes, Schlubs and Schmucks

Twitter
    @twinsgeek
    Liked 164 Times in 96 Posts
    Blog Entries

Article: Gleeman & the Geek Ep 34: Schmoes, Schlubs and Schmucks

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for the Podcasts guys. It gets me through a morning of Spreadsheets and numbers crunching once a week. May I suggest a Podcast from a Snappers game this year, of course someone would need to drive Aaron. Maybe a multi part cast recorded in the car on the way down with stops at various Wisconsin watering holes. I would choose some Brew pubs, Eau Claire has one just off the Interstate, the Dells has one and Madison has a couple that stand out, but you could choose some small town pubs with a less "cosmopolitan" feel then what would find in the Big City of Eau Claire. I have a feeling the outtakes would become the thing of legend. Either way it would be fun to hear one done down here while Sano and Rosario are around.

I really appreciate your podcast, and I just got my husband hooked on it too. Thanks for the work that obviously goes into it.

Loved the pause to hear the beer list.

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 379 Times in 200 Posts
    Blog Entries
    It is just a matter of time before John and Aaron come to blows... there will be fisticuffs!!

Twitter
    @twinsgeek
    Liked 164 Times in 96 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I love the idea of the brew pub crawl and podcast. And Seth, you've sat in on one of these. You know it's in good fun. (Mostly.)

Aaron seems to really get whipped about about the idea that the Twins are making their player evaluations based only on a few innings in spring training. This seems to be an invalid assumption. I assume that the Twins have the same "history" information that Aaron has and that information also goes into their evaluation. He is arguing sample size but what other factors should go into the decison making model? For any player, attitude, work ethic, previous history, fit would all make some sense to factor into the decison as to whether a player should make the major league roster or not. I guess what I would like to hear is what Aaron's decison making model should be in spring training? What would his system be?

I love the podcast (gave you a great review on itunes) but you gotta find a way to realize when you aren't getting through to each other. You went so 'long' on Doyle it was ridiculous.

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 379 Times in 200 Posts
    Blog Entries
    The Doyle conversation is what kicked off the Twitter war on Tuesday night.