Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 10 General MLB Predictions

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nicksaviking View Post
    Good work guys, though I laughed a little big about the Cardinals being in the mix. Quite a limb you went out on there RB! The Braves winning with pitching was a pretty good prediction considering their big paydays to offensive players this past offseason. In fact they won despite the hitting.
    In the NL, they were like 4th in runs scored...outscoring the Dodgers and the Pirates...and 3rd in OPS.
    Just remember: You put the lime IN the coconut. Only THEN, can you drink it all up.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 380 Times in 233 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePuck View Post
    In the NL, they were like 4th in runs scored...outscoring the Dodgers and the Pirates...and 3rd in OPS.
    True, I guess I have in mind the disappointing season from Justin Upton considering his start to the year and the Jason Heyword letdown. More glaring are the historically bad seasons by BJ and Uggla. Those two would even stand out in the Twins lineup. If you looked hard enough.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer biggentleben's Avatar
    Liked 69 Times in 49 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePuck View Post
    Exactly this. They had an excellent offense all season. In the end, they won this year based on their pitching and Andrelton Simmons. Here's an interesting tid bit: anyone believe Andrelton Simmons receives an NL MVP vote? He just finished with the highest positive DRS (defensive runs saved) score in the history of the statistic.
    Staff Writer for Tomahawktake.com, come check it out!

Senior Member Big-Leaguer biggentleben's Avatar
    Liked 69 Times in 49 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nicksaviking View Post
    True, I guess I have in mind the disappointing season from Justin Upton considering his start to the year and the Jason Heyword letdown. More glaring are the historically bad seasons by BJ and Uggla. Those two would even stand out in the Twins lineup. If you looked hard enough.
    They countered that with drastic jumps from Freddie Freeman and Chris Johnson, solid production from Brian McCann, and streaky spurts from guys like Evan Gattis and Jordan Schafer. That said, Heyward's injury was really his downfall. He had an excellent second half once he was healthy (.305/.397/.534).
    Staff Writer for Tomahawktake.com, come check it out!

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by biggentleben View Post
    Exactly this. They had an excellent offense all season. In the end, they won this year based on their pitching and Andrelton Simmons. Here's an interesting tid bit: anyone believe Andrelton Simmons receives an NL MVP vote? He just finished with the highest positive DRS (defensive runs saved) score in the history of the statistic.
    He deserves some love for sure...the guy is a beast on defense....but I don't think he will this year.
    Just remember: You put the lime IN the coconut. Only THEN, can you drink it all up.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12