Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Article: Roster Starting to Come Together

Senior Member Big-Leaguer jimbo92107's Avatar
    Liked 24 Times in 12 Posts
    Blog Entries
    What I like is that Gardenhire is giving himself lots of options. Any of the players that got hurt last year can be replaced quickly with somebody that's better than merely adequate. If Span needs a day off, Revere can sub. If Casilla can't hit, Hughes can replace him. Pretty much everybody has somebody that can step into his spot if needed, and then there's Dozier in Rochester, along with Tosoni or Mastroianni, etc.

This is about as well as the team can be prepped for a 162-game marathon. Good job, coaching staff.

I think there are no two ways around it, Revere's days in a Minnesota Twins uniform are numbered. Denard Span is the CF of the present and future and Revere is not equipped to play anywhere else. Throw in the spring that Benson has had and there is really no future for Revere. The Doumit-Parmalee-Plouffe experiment in right will provide all of them the opportunity to prove their worth to the club in the long haul, but the bottom line is that I expect Benson to be in the Twins OF no later than next year and likely sooner if the Twins fall out of the race.

Liked 2,206 Times in 1,243 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I fail to understand why Willingham can't play RF. Revere in left... Doumit DH, 1B, C rotation. Hughes 2B and Casilla at SS. Carroll Util and Morneau and Mauer. A little speed And a little power. It's a good looking lineup. Of course pray for health that would help.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Blog Entries
    It is interesting that many comments point to a platoon of some sort and Gardy has never platooned in the past, even when it was blatantly obvious.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12