I watched the club in person for a week. I saw four games and watched the minor leaguers for parts of three days. I think going to spring training is something fans should do. You get to see the players up close, get to see the players before they are stars, and get access to the brain trust. I spoke to Terry Ryan for awhile and listened to him speak to other fans, as well. Here is my unprofessional evaluation of the 2013 Twins: Offense--small improvement. I expect improvement from the middle infield mostly because it can't get much worse. I also expect at least two of these three (Plouffe, Parmelee and Dozier) to thrive and establish themselves as big league regulars. Hicks won't hit for the average that Span did, but he's always had a pretty good OBP and he has some power. The Twins will start with four regulars 30 or over (counting Mauer who turns 30 next month) so it isn't likely those guys will be better than last year. Pitching--Slight improvement in the rotation, decline in the bullpen. While none of the starters look stellar, I expect overall improvement, sadly because they were so bad last year. Most everybody will probably get a chance and somebody will step up as Diamond did last year. Perkins will be the closer and I expect him to be pretty good. Burton was terrific last year--it's pretty tough to expect an encore from him. Most of the rest of the bullpen is filled with question marks. Defense--Marked improvement. I think Florimon or Escobar will get most of the innings at short and both are good defensive players. Dozier seems to have found his niche at second and Hicks is a gifted defender. Add in a reinvigorated Mauer catching more and throwing more effectively and the core of the defense looks very good. There will be limited range for the corner outfielders and questions about Plouffe's defense at third, but overall the Twins look much improved when they are in the field. Does this mean more wins? I expect a few more victories, but until they get more horses in the rotation, the Twins will still struggle to get close to .500.