Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum

Thread: Where does Nate Roberts start this year?

Where does Nate Roberts start this year?

After his performance in the AFL this year I hope he can keep healthy. Any chance he's a September callup?

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 195 Times in 120 Posts
    Probably A+. I don't think the Twins like to skip levels very often. They could send him to AA, I suppose, since they sent him to AFL and he's old.

I don't think he gets a call up. He's put up good numbers but scouts aren't impressed with him. He could become the hitting version of Slama for Twins fans.

Twins Moderator All-Star diehardtwinsfan's Avatar
    Liked 754 Times in 468 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Isnt he AFL talent effectively about AA? If so, I might give him the chance there given his age. He's not what most people would call a prospect, so I don't see the reason to take it slow with him.

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 347 Times in 183 Posts
    Blog Entries
    In the Org Depth Chart Outfielders article I wrote last week, I noted that Nate Roberts tore his meniscus after the AFL. He had surgery and he will likely miss a little bit of time at the start of the season. I think there was some chance that he would have started at New Britain, but now, they're going to want him around Ft. Myers at the start of the season since that's where their rehab facilities are.

They'll want to get him to AA by the end of the year. After the year, they'll need to decide if they're going to put him on the 40 man roster or not.

Senior Member All-Star Shane Wahl's Avatar
    Liked 115 Times in 82 Posts
    Blog Entries
    He will end at New Britain and that is all that matters. He will be added to the 40-man roster.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I honestly believe he'll START the year at AA New Britian.

With Arcia already in AAA. Why not? really nothing to lose.... Theres nothing worth challenging him with at A+ Ft. Myers. IMHO
    Top Twins prospects ? 1.Byron Buxton (OF-A+)
    2.Miguel Sano (3B-AA) 3.Alex Meyer (SP-AA) 4. Kohl Stewart (SP-RK) 5. Nick Gordon (SS-RK) 6. J.O. Berrios (P-A) 7. Josmil Pinto (C-AAA) 8. Eddie Rosario (2B-AA) 9. L. Thorpe (SP-RK) 10. Travis Harrison (3B-A) 11.Kennys Vargas (1B-A+) 12. Trevor May (SP-AA) 13. Jorge Polanco (2B-A) 14. Max Kepler (OF-A) 15. Miguel Sulbaran (SP-A) Just Missed:P Zach Jones, SS Aderlin Mejia, P Stephen Gonsalves, C Stuart Turner.

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 347 Times in 183 Posts
    Blog Entries
    How about they let him get healthy and determine what is best for him?