Thread: Article: Technology and two Twins

Twitter
    @ParkerHageman
    Liked 63 Times in 33 Posts
    Blog Entries

Article: Technology and two Twins

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts
    I am not ruling out Mauer hitting some dingers. During his MVP year, if you pitched to him on the inner half of the plate, he often pulled the ball. Maybe he'll start doing that again.

I don't see him hitting homers to left though.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
    Thank you Parker. I enjoyed this article.

Last night against the DR, Mauer got to 2-1 and ripped hard at a pitch. Love that. The announcer keyed on it. I will happily take his stats year over year with only one small addition. When you get to one of those counts, take a bit cut. Why not? Last night he missed but other times he will not. Later in the at bat he hit a sharp single up the middle. It was a nice AB.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 384 Times in 235 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave T View Post
    I am not ruling out Mauer hitting some dingers. During his MVP year, if you pitched to him on the inner half of the plate, he often pulled the ball. Maybe he'll start doing that again.

I don't see him hitting homers to left though.
    Mauer put a ton of balls into the first row of LF at the Metrodome that year. Those don't even get to the warning track at Target Field.

Banned Triple-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I have never understood their reluctance to move the left field fence in to save themselves the trouble of everyone complaining and saying Mauer isn't worth his contract. They move fence in 15 ft or so in left center. BOOM Mauer hits 20+ HR's every year and no one can say he isn't a legit superstar.