Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Readability

Senior Member All-Star SpiritofVodkaDave's Avatar
    Liked 361 Times in 183 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brock Beauchamp View Post
    Dave, are you using the mobile theme or the full site theme?

If it's the full theme, I'd recommend clearing your browser cache. There are bound to be some leftover caching goodies from the old templates that could screw up the new site.
    Is clearing you browser cache the new "try blowing the cartridge?"

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Liked 1,526 Times in 798 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritofVodkaDave View Post
    Is clearing you browser cache the new "try blowing the cartridge?"
    No, it's a common practice to clear out old data that may be mucking up the system, particularly when much of the code used for this site is exactly the same as the old site. You spent months accumulating data using the old site and some browsers aren't very good at wiping out that old data and replacing it with the new.

And vBulletin relies heavily on caching and cookies. It causes some headaches from a development standpoint, particularly because I have no control over user caching. It's handled client side and thanks to some vB options, I can't wipe out some old data that really screws with how the site is displayed (the most annoying of which is the minimized sidebar in the forums, which is most likely Pseudo's problem based on his description).

It's a common cause of trouble and is generally the first thing one does to troubleshoot a problem, much the same way "reboot your computer" is the first thing a tech person says when software malfunctions. Eliminate the easy causes before delving into the harder stuff.

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Is the direct tv ad on the side of the page intended to hang down over the first few forum threads? I am on an i-pad, and I can't see the first few posts. These 'interruption style ads' do not entice me to click at all.

Liked 1,209 Times in 702 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PagesOfClearBlueSky View Post
    Is the direct tv ad on the side of the page intended to hang down over the first few forum threads? I am on an i-pad, and I can't see the first few posts. These 'interruption style ads' do not entice me to click at all.
    Same problem on Chrome and in IE10 on a laptop.

Twins News Team All-Star PseudoSABR's Avatar
    Liked 184 Times in 107 Posts
    Having the same problem w the ad.

Btw, cleared the cache, etc. and still just weird white space to the right...

Senior Member Big-Leaguer righty8383's Avatar
    Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts
    Blog Entries
    That direct tv add is bugging the hell out of me.

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Liked 1,526 Times in 798 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PagesOfClearBlueSky View Post
    This particular problem is not intentionally made to render that way. I changed some code in the ad tags so hopefully, that will stop the large ads from overhanging content.

Also, could you tell me what browser you're using and immediately to the right of the forums, are you seeing a large white space (about 320 pixels wide)?

Senior Member MVP
    Liked 536 Times in 355 Posts
    Seems you updated the mobile skin somehow......or my eyesight is 10 better....seems really clear today.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12