Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 37

Thread: Article: Twins Daily Welcomes Summit Brewing

  1. #1
    Owner All-Star John Bonnes's Avatar
    Posts
    2,298
    Like
    1
    Liked 115 Times in 65 Posts
    Blog Entries
    231

    Article: Twins Daily Welcomes Summit Brewing


  2. #2
    Senior Member Big-Leaguer righty8383's Avatar
    Posts
    557
    Like
    4
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Great, now I want a beer and my fridge has none

  3. #3
    Senior Member Triple-A Gernzy's Avatar
    Posts
    397
    Like
    0
    Liked 7 Times in 4 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Great partnership. Besides being an exceptional beer, Summit remains a big part of the community. I'm looking forward to what happens in the future!

  4. #4
    Senior Member All-Star JB_Iowa's Avatar
    Posts
    1,914
    Like
    436
    Liked 360 Times in 204 Posts
    I'm not a beer drinker anymore but I'll find some Summit for guests. Thanks to the TD crew and to Summit for showing faith in them and the TD community.

  5. #5
    Senior Member All-Star
    Posts
    4,610
    Like
    512
    Liked 214 Times in 147 Posts
    Summit is good beer. I endorse it.....

  6. #6
    Junior Member Rookie
    Posts
    21
    Like
    5
    Liked 14 Times in 7 Posts
    Great pairing. TD is the first thing I read in the morning and Summit is the first thing I order when ordering a drink.

  7. #7
    Pixel Monkey MVP Brock Beauchamp's Avatar
    Posts
    6,701
    Like
    33
    Liked 786 Times in 428 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6
    I'd just like to chime in and give a HUGE thanks to Summit for helping us out. Upon moving to Minnesota a few years back, I was looking to replace my beer of choice (which was more difficult to find here than in California), Sierra Nevada, with something local. Summit is a great beer and I'm only a bigger fan now that they graciously decided to sponsor the site.

  8. #8
    We've become crazy blessed with a great local brewing in just the last few years. It's important to remember that the new Renaissance of craft beer - both here and nationally - is only possible because of what a handful ballsy brewers did back in the 1980s. Thanks to Summit, not only for the sponsorship, but for real beer!

  9. #9
    Senior Member All-Star James's Avatar
    Posts
    1,119
    Like
    98
    Liked 35 Times in 27 Posts
    Thanks Summit. Your EPA was the reason I developed a love for beer with flavor. Also, thanks for sponsoring a great site like this, and being part of a great community.

    Drink locally!
    You can come up with statistics to prove anything. Forty percent of all people know that.

  10. #10
    Senior Member All-Star
    Posts
    3,168
    Like
    19
    Liked 197 Times in 125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brock Beauchamp View Post
    I'd just like to chime in and give a HUGE thanks to Summit for helping us out. Upon moving to Minnesota a few years back, I was looking to replace my beer of choice (which was more difficult to find here than in California), Sierra Nevada, with something local. Summit is a great beer and I'm only a bigger fan now that they graciously decided to sponsor the site.
    I love Summit and Sierra Nevada as well. My California relatives are from Chico and drink a lot of Sierra Nevada; they wanted to know a comprable beer and I told them Summit. Now when they come every summer they bring a 12 pack of Sierra Nevada and leave with a 12 pack of Summit.

  11. #11
    Pixel Monkey MVP Brock Beauchamp's Avatar
    Posts
    6,701
    Like
    33
    Liked 786 Times in 428 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by nicksaviking View Post
    I love Summit and Sierra Nevada as well. My California relatives are from Chico and drink a lot of Sierra Nevada; they wanted to know a comprable beer and I told them Summit. Now when they come every summer they bring a 12 pack of Sierra Nevada and leave with a 12 pack of Summit.
    Yep. Summit and Sierra are really close in taste so the transition was an easy one for me when I moved out here. Both are great beers.

  12. #12
    Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Posts
    847
    Like
    9
    Liked 44 Times in 27 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Thanks Summit. Your EPA was the reason I developed a love for beer with flavor. Also, thanks for sponsoring a great site like this, and being part of a great community.

    Drink locally!
    I couldn't possibly agree with this more. Thank you, Summit, for helping me become the beer-loving man that I am today.

    I always try to keep a sixer of either EPA or Saga in the fridge and will always go to the Twins Pub for a Summit during every trip to TF.

  13. #13
    Super Moderator All-Star twinsnorth49's Avatar
    Posts
    2,934
    Like
    474
    Liked 614 Times in 329 Posts
    Great news, I'm a big Summit fan, I usually bring a few cases home after every visit. Wish I could get it here, I'll have to talk to those fellas about their export business.
    Last edited by twinsnorth49; 03-12-2013 at 01:21 PM.

  14. #14
    Hear! Hear!

  15. #15
    Since the talk here is about beer, I want to make a quick plug for the next Social Science event on at the Science Museum of Minnesota. It's the second annual Fermentational Informational. It's on Thursday April 11 (The Twins are off that day so there's no reason not to!) Follow the link for more information and stop down at the Activity Station on Level 3 if you come and say "Hi!"

  16. #16
    Super Moderator MVP ashburyjohn's Avatar
    Posts
    6,969
    Like
    1,043
    Liked 1,260 Times in 752 Posts
    Blog Entries
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by deanlambrecht View Post
    Hear! Hear!
    Beer! Beer!

    I'll have to check the stores here and see whether Summit is available in Reno/Tahoe. If so, I'll give it a fair comparison to Sierra Nevada Pale Ale.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Brock Beauchamp View Post
    Yep. Summit and Sierra are really close in taste so the transition was an easy one for me when I moved out here. Both are great beers.
    Ah, but did you find a replacement for the type of painted women the west coast offers? Nostalgic for "**** rules!" threads still exists.
    Better looking with the lights out.

  18. #18
    Senior Member Triple-A
    Posts
    269
    Like
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Three cheers to Summit. Great employer with great employees that produce a great product!! I love the new Saga and the Pilsner on a hot Minnesota day cannot be beat. I hope they have it at Target Field this summer.

  19. #19
    Good one, guys. Summit EPA is now "my Miller", meaning it is the "basic" beer in my fridge. And Summit Saga is simply outstanding.

  20. #20

    Beer

    Quote Originally Posted by boomerb5 View Post
    Good one, guys. Summit EPA is now "my Miller", meaning it is the "basic" beer in my fridge. And Summit Saga is simply outstanding.
    Saga and the Horizon Red Ale are outstanding. My "Miller" is the IPA--I do mix it up with some of the products of the Boston Brewing Company (Sam Adams) and New Belgium Brewing (they've got at least three IPAs that are outstanding--not as delicious as Saga or the basic Summit IPA, but if you're in Colorado...), but Summit IPA is delicious chilled or no (as the IPA is essentially a "bitter", which I believe is served at 60 degrees). Good stuff.

    Summit also bottles the Finnegan's Irish Ale (I believe), which is a charity beer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
©2014 TwinsCentric, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Interested in advertising with Twins Daily? Click here.