Thread: Baseball America: Twins farm system ranks 20th in baseball

Owner Big-Leaguer Parker Hageman's Avatar
    Liked 38 Times in 25 Posts
    Blog Entries

Baseball America: Twins farm system ranks 20th in baseball

According to Baseball America's rankings, the Twins come in at number 20 on their list of best farm systems.

Texas's farm system paced the field but the Royals (2) were not far behind. Kansas City was the only AL Central team to finish ahead of the Twins, so in terms of direct competition, Minnesota might be positioned well for the future. Detroit's (23) system ranked slightly lower but pulling up the rear of the entire list are the division rival Indians (29) and White Sox (30).

Your thoughts?

I wonder how much it will change after this year's draft and after Gibson shows he is recovered from surgery.

Senior Member Triple-A maxisagod's Avatar
    Liked 16 Times in 13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mhfesq View Post
    I wonder how much it will change after this year's draft and after Gibson shows he is recovered from surgery.
    A lot. Also if Hicks shows improvement and Rosario has a another strong year the twins will fly up the list. BA wasn't very high on either player.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Well it looks like Baseball America delivered another blow to the future of the Twins organization...Not a shocker but depressing...

Liked 202 Times in 106 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by maxisagod View Post
    A lot. Also if Hicks shows improvement and Rosario has a another strong year the twins will fly up the list. BA wasn't very high on either player.
    Correct, and yet by this time next year, I would suspect that Benson, Hendriks, Parmelee and Dozier will no longer be prospects. But you're right, 5 top 75 picks, the return of Gibson, the ohpefully full return of Wimmers, a good year from Hicks... obviously not everyone will move up a list, but I'm encouraged.

Liked 317 Times in 189 Posts
    Blog Entries
    The other thing that will be in play for next seasons' rankings (other the aforementioned) are potential trades that can bring back high rated prospects... Too early to look at the 2013 system before like February of 2013.
    -----
    Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
    http://tenthinningstretch.blogspot.com/
    twitter: @thrylos98