Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Spring Training Game 4: Twins @ Blue Jays, Tues. February 26, 2013

Liked 131 Times in 84 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig in MN View Post
    We're only a few days into games, but Rosario is getting more playing time than I would have ever guessed. With the middle infield up for grabs, I would expect the main 4 guys to get most of the playing time to see how they play together and fit together. And there's plenty of AA and AAA filler to give playing time to. I'm sure Gardy likes to see Rosario and the fans do to, but I don't quite get the point of giving time to an A ball player who's got a half a year's experience on defense.

No point to this comment, really, I just thinks it's interesting.
    The only reason he's in big league camp is so he can get ready for the WBC. He's going to be an outfielder for that though. But, might as well play him at 2B and check out how he's coming along while he's in camp.

As soon as the WBC is over, he'll go back to minor league camp and continue to work at 2B.
    You can come up with statistics to prove anything. Forty percent of all people know that.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 339 Times in 216 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    The only reason he's in big league camp is so he can get ready for the WBC. He's going to be an outfielder for that though. But, might as well play him at 2B and check out how he's coming along while he's in camp.

As soon as the WBC is over, he'll go back to minor league camp and continue to work at 2B.
    I think it's great. The stadiums that Eddie is hitting in right now, will be the ones he will be hitting in come opening day. The Florida State League has been deemed tough on hitters and the ballparks are large due to their dual usage as MLB spring training fields. In the Twins system, once you get past the Midwest League (which usually is where this organization puts the breaks on prospects), promotions can happen quickly. If he can adjust to playing at the high A level quickly and his defense proves to be improved, the sky really is the ceiling from here on out. It should not be considered out of the question that Rosario may end up the front runner for the 2014 opening day 2B gig, his bat is proving to be legit.

Senior Member All-Star YourHouseIsMyHouse's Avatar
    Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Rosario homered so you know I'm happy.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234