Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Lots of good reports about Kyle Gibson...

Quote Originally Posted by Riverbrian View Post
    Ashbury John... Congrats on reaching 1000 posts... 847 of them were good posts.
    That % could actually lead the board

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Steve Lein's Avatar
    Twitter
    @HangingSL
    Liked 27 Times in 15 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FrodaddyG View Post
    Or maybe team control would be a bigger factor with players that are actually, you know, good. The kind that get expensive, and not the kind that no other team in the league would waste a roster spot on.
    That's EXACTLY what I'm getting at... For those "good" players (I've used that specific term in every post I've written about this), the "team-control" always get's taken care of before those 6 years are up, so it's essentially a non-issue.
    Scouting Report: Tools - Power: 30, Hitting: 50, Arm: 60, Defense: 40, Speed: 40. "Line drive swing and shows good contact and on-base abilities. Double's power at his peak. Strong arm from 2B or the OF, stiff hands. Not a fast runner, but above average instincts on the bases. Skinny body doesn't look the part, but can sneak up on you. ACL surgery sapped much of his athleticism." (Probably)
    Spring Training Regular since 2011.

Twins Moderator MVP ashburyjohn's Avatar
    Liked 3,281 Times in 1,747 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Ashbury John... Congrats on reaching 1000 posts... 847 of them were good posts.
    You were kind enough not to mention that on #1000 I typed "Hicks" when the subject line was for "Gibson". Guess that was one of the 153 (as if that number were really that low).

Quote Originally Posted by TwinsFanInPhilly View Post
    That % could actually lead the board
    If anybody achieves a percentage like that I would cease posting to avoid being embarrassed by comparison. (Actually, some do, yet I post anyway.)

Senior Member Big-Leaguer FrodaddyG's Avatar
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Lein View Post
    That's EXACTLY what I'm getting at... For those "good" players (I've used that specific term in every post I've written about this), the "team-control" always get's taken care of before those 6 years are up, so it's essentially a non-issue.
    Yes, but having an extra year of control in your pocket is never a bad thing. Trade-wise or contract-wise it will get you increased value. Throwing out the Super-2 status of Butera has nothing to do with anything, as he's a non-asset, and I'd assume we're talking about players of value.

Liked 2,276 Times in 1,280 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ashburyjohn View Post
    You were kind enough not to mention that on #1000 I typed "Hicks" when the subject line was for "Gibson". Guess that was one of the 153 (as if that number were really that low).
    Ummm... My Bad... make that 846.

Twins Moderator MVP ashburyjohn's Avatar
    Liked 3,281 Times in 1,747 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Ummm... My Bad... make that 846.
    And outstanding post #1677 from you, my brother.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567