Joe Mauer C
    Josh Willingham LF
    Justin Morneau 1B
    Chris Parmelee RF
    Jeff Clement DH
    Ray Olmedo 3B
    Pedro Florimon SS

Liam Hendriks SP

Other scheduled Pitchers: Glen Perkins, Jared Burton, Brian Duensing, Kyle Gibson, Bryan Augenstein, Anthony Slama, Luis Perdomo, Deolis Guerra

Rays Lineup (from Phil Miller)

Fuld CF, S.Rodriguez 2B, Vogt DH, Duncan 1B, Gimenez C, Thompson RF, Bourgeois LF, Fontenot 3B, Beckham SS. P: Archer

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Replace Clement and Olmedo with Doumit and Plouffe, you could be looking at your opening day lineup.

Super Moderator MVP ashburyjohn's Avatar
    Liked 1,271 Times in 759 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fire Dan Gladden View Post
    Replace Clement and Olmedo with Doumit and Plouffe, you could be looking at your opening day lineup.
    Indeed, although what I *want* is for Dozier to step up and take the job from Carroll. I'd also love for Benson to step up and allow Hicks to start his Major League career a few weeks later. And then finally I want every other player in camp to step up, and step it up again, and then we win the World Series!

Liked 323 Times in 193 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ashburyjohn View Post
    And then finally I want every other player in camp to step up, and step it up again, and then we win the World Series!
    Amen
    -----
    Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
    http://tenthinningstretch.blogspot.com/
    twitter: @thrylos98

Liked 207 Times in 109 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Top of the 1st - Blooper to CF by Sam Fuld caught on a sliding catch by Aaron Hicks. Rodriguez flew out to the right field line. Vogt doubled down the left field line. Shelly Duncan grounded weakly to 3B (Olmedo) for the third out.

Blog Entries
    Bottom 1st - Aaron Hicks took a called 3rd strike. Jamey Carroll grounded out to short. Joe Mauer took a 5-pitch walk. Josh WIllingham grounds into a fielder's choice to SS.

No Score.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Oldgoat_MN's Avatar
    Liked 23 Times in 16 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fire Dan Gladden View Post
    I've harped again and again that they would not start Hicks because they would lose a year of control if they don't keep him in the minors until June or so.
    I'm starting to change my mind. While I believe that he could very well be a GG CF, I no longer think his bat is going to be so great that we are looking at a perrenial All Star. Maybe that's why they seem to be willing to let him earn a job out of ST.
    Bet there's no way they'd let Arcia come up before June. That is, of course, if he's ready this year at all.

Blog Entries
    Top 2nd - Gimenez lines out to CF. Rich Thompson popped up to shortstop. Bourgeois walked and stole second. Fontenot doubled in Bourgeois. Beckham popped to short.

Rays 1, Twins 0.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldgoat_MN View Post
    I've harped again and again that they would not start Hicks because they would lose a year of control if they don't keep him in the minors until June or so.
    I'm starting to change my mind. While I believe that he could very well be a GG CF, I no longer think his bat is going to be so great that we are looking at a perrenial All Star. Maybe that's why they seem to be willing to let him earn a job out of ST.
    Bet there's no way they'd let Arcia come up before June. That is, of course, if he's ready this year at all.
    If they wait until May 1 to call up Hicks, they get a full extra season. And, I would think that, although it's just supposed to be a week, Arcia's injury hurts his visibility some and could delay his time, although he likely woudln't be up in June anyway, unless there is an injury or trade.

Blog Entries
    Bottom 2nd - Jake Odorizzi now pitching. Morneau flew out to shallow centerfield. Parmelee flies out to center. Jeff Clement walked. Ray Olmedo grounds into fielder's choice to 2B.

Blog Entries
    Glen Perkins enters the game. Top 3 - Sam Fuld strikes out. Sean Rodriguez struck out. Vogt lined a single to left center. Shelley Duncan singled to left field. Gimenez grounded into a fielder's choice to shortstop.

Ray 1, Twins 0.

Blog Entries
    Btm 3rd - Juan Sandoval, 32, who is permanently blind in his right eye, comes in for the Rays. Pedro Florimon bloops a double down the left field line. Aaron Hicks advanced FLorimon to third with a ground out to the right side. Jamey Carroll doubled in Florimon with a shot by the 3B. Joe Mauer flew out to left field. Josh Willingham struck out.

Twins 1, Rays 1 after 3.

Blog Entries
    Top 4 - Kyle Gibson enters the game. Rich Thompson bloops a single to CF. Bourgeios bunted to 3B, nice play by Olmedo. Fontenot grounded out to 2B, Thompson to third. Tim Beckham struck out.

Reports of a 96 mph fastball and an 88 mph slider. Let's not forget that the radar gun at Hammond Stadium is quite fast.

Senior Member All-Star Willihammer's Avatar
    Liked 200 Times in 115 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Gladden: The Rays have a new outfielder Alex Meyer. Sorry, Will Myers.

What an embarassment

Blog Entries
    Bottom 4 - Alex Torres in for Rays. Morneau flies out to left field. Chris Parmelee doubles down the left field line. Jeff Clement struckout. Ray Olmedo grounded out to 2B.

After 4, Twins 1, Rays 1.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Willihammer View Post
    Gladden: The Rays have a new outfielder Alex Meyer. Sorry, Will Myers.

What an embarassment
    Yeah, I was kind of waiting for Provus to at least say something about him. Of course, Gladden doesn't care much about the Twins minor leaguers, much less knowing who Wil Myers is.

Liked 298 Times in 167 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth Stohs View Post
    Top 4 - Kyle Gibson enters the game. Rich Thompson bloops a single to CF. Bourgeios bunted to 3B, nice play by Olmedo. Fontenot grounded out to 2B, Thompson to third. Tim Beckham struck out.

Reports of a 96 mph fastball and an 88 mph slider. Let's not forget that the radar gun at Hammond Stadium is quite fast.
    Even if the radar gun is fast, the strikeout to end the inning seems like a good thing. Thanks for these posts!

Blog Entries
    Top 5 - Clete Thomas in RF. Wilkin Ramirez in LF. Eddie Rosario at 2B. Kyle Gibson still pitching. Sam Fuld lined out to Rosario at 2B. Sean Rodriguez struckout on 87 mph slider. Stephen Vogt ground out to 2B.

Is Eddie Ro in camp as a non-roster invite or are they just playing him as an "extra player" before the minor-league games start?

Blog Entries
    Bottom 5 - now pitching, LHP Frank de los Santos. Pedro Florimon walked. Aaron Hicks grounded out to 3B. Eddie Rosario drilled a single that scored Florimon from second. On a pickoff play, ball got by first baseman and Rosario advanced to 2B. Joe Mauer grounded out to the right side, with Rosario advancing to 3B. Wilkin Ramirez grounded out to SS.

Twins 2, Rays 1 after 5.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast