Blog Entries

Article: I'll Say It

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 20 Times in 14 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Loved it.

Liked 684 Times in 358 Posts
    Blog Entries
    This is an immensely entertaining post. If half of it comes true, then you are prescient. I just hope that it's the good half that comes true. In particular, I am praying for good performances from Plouffe, Deduno, Parmelee and Dozier.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Entertaining article. Parmelee is presented just as I expected. Rest is about what I believe. Morneau's future here is tied to how Parmelee produces. Have many reservations on that front. Hope our starting pitching will be resolved by next year, but I have predicted that the Twins will win 72, but if midseason firesale it could be less.

Twitter
    @thrylos98
    Liked 430 Times in 261 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Fun. But hold it for one thing:
    If Arcia will have more of an impact than Hicks and Thomas will make the team, does this mean that Thomas ( who almost killed Meyer btw) will be the Twins starting CF?
    An OF of Willingham-Thomas-Parmelee would be very very interesting
    -----
    Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
    http://tenthinningstretch.blogspot.com/
    twitter: @thrylos98

Twins Contributor All-Star Jeremy Nygaard's Avatar
    Twitter
    @jeremynygaard
    Liked 117 Times in 63 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Thomas will be up for a month, then Hicks comes up and struggles. Mastro will still be up. Thomas goes down. Arcia may be up if Hammer gets hurt or Parmelee struggles, but comes up for good when Morneau or Hammer gets traded. Hicks will still get a lot of at-bats, but will struggle offensively. I don't think Arcia will, whether that's at RF, LF or DH.

An OF of Willingham-Thomas-Parmeless isn't interesting. It's both bad and sad.

Twitter
    @thrylos98
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Nygaard View Post

An OF of Willingham-Thomas-Parmeless isn't interesting. It's both bad and sad.
    well.. do you remember the OF of Delmon-Cuddyer(CF)-Kubel?

That would be a fun comparison
    -----

Twitter
    @thrylos98
    Blog Entries
    Totally unrelated with the topic, because I just saw the pic posted with this...

Do you all realize that only Mauer and Morneau are left from the players in that game? (Perk was in AAA - begrudgingly- and Duensing did not make the team until the season after)
    -----

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 336 Times in 213 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thrylos98 View Post
    Totally unrelated with the topic, because I just saw the pic posted with this...

Do you all realize that only Mauer and Morneau are left from the players in that game? (Perk was in AAA - begrudgingly- and Duensing did not make the team until the season after)
    Duensing actually pitched an inning in game 162 and then got the starting nod in game 1 of the ALDS. But yeah, surprising how few guys are left. I was at game 162 and they seemed to try to drag every Twins who played in the Metrodome out on the field and remember thinking it was kind of a shame that the local kid Perkins was the only no show from the current team (the AAA season was over by then) and it was because he and the team were actively trying to cut each others throats. Amazing fences were mended after that dust-up.

Liked 26 Times in 16 Posts
    Good stuff!! Time will tell how accurate you are, but solid predictions.

Senior Member All-Star Shane Wahl's Avatar
    Liked 110 Times in 80 Posts
    Blog Entries
    If this team starts out with Drew Butera, Clete Thomas, and say, Eduardo Escobar on the roster, I might shoot myself. NONE of them should be on the roster. But I would actually accept Butera at the beginning. Clete Thomas is NOT good. He just isn't. He never has been. At all. If that is their decision than good lord and a half. Brandon Boggs and Wilkin Ramirez are better options.

I generally think that Tim Wood is also pretty terrible. I have no idea what this team is thinking with bringing in bad-to-mediocre older players. Tim Wood over Anthony Slama. Really?

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I must say after seeing the picture of the Twins celebrating a big walk off win it had me excited for twins baseball until I read the article. I to believe the twins will be better this year and most of your predictions will come true. Should still be a fun summer to see how the youngsters do in the bigs and throughout the system.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 184 Times in 113 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thrylos98 View Post

Clete Thomas was in the other dugout. Does that count?

Twitter
    @jeremynygaard
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane Wahl View Post
    Clete Thomas is NOT good. He just isn't. He never has been. At all. If that is their decision than good lord and a half. Brandon Boggs and Wilkin Ramirez are better options.
    I agree wholeheartedly with the first half of the quote.

The reason I think Thomas gets the nod has more to do with his ability to fill in at Center Field. In the last two seasons, he's played 150 minor league games in CF. Boggs has played 6 and Ramirez 4.

If two of Mastorianni, Hicks and Benson make the roster, then Thomas won't. But if Hicks and Benson start in the minors who is the backup CF? It could be someone that ends up on the waiver-wire and I'd be absolutely be ok with that.

If this team starts out with Drew Butera, Clete Thomas, and say, Eduardo Escobar on the roster, I might shoot myself. NONE of them should be on the roster. But I would actually accept Butera at the beginning. Clete Thomas is NOT good. He just isn't. He never has been. At all. If that is their decision than good lord and a half. Brandon Boggs and Wilkin Ramirez are better options.
    Well, I wont go as far as shooting myself...but I agree Clete Thomas has NO PLACE on a MLB roster--neither does Butera. If Hicks doesnt start in CF and goes to minors--keep Benson as 4th OF until Hicks/Arcia is ready. As for Butera, we can do better,

I keep hoping for a spring trade to get CF--maybe trade Morneau now and move Parmalee to 1B.

I do think Twins will win between 75 and 79 games and finish above last in AL Central.

Banned All-Star
    Liked 75 Times in 49 Posts

I generally think that Tim Wood is also pretty terrible. I have no idea what this team is thinking with bringing in bad-to-mediocre older players. Tim Wood over Anthony Slama. Really?
    Ok Ted Nuggent we will hold you to it =)

You seemed to have danced around the biggest question, what will happen to Gardy?

Banned All-Star
    Unless there is a player added during spring training , it seems to me that Joe Benson makes the team as the 4th outfielder as long as he is healthy.
    If it comes down to Clete or Benson why not take a chance on a guy who may have more upside?
    Joe already is on the outside looking in as far as Prospects are concerned, so lets give him a chance and see what he does with it?

Banned All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul 1 View Post
    You seemed to have danced around the biggest question, what will happen to Gardy?
    Gardy and Ryan are here at least through 2014 ... If not Ron would be tossing Terry under the bus already

Twitter
    @jeremynygaard
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul 1 View Post
    Hmmm... that would have been a good one to include.

I think Grady and his whole staff make it through the year, regardless of record. If there are changes next offseason, they will happen just like they did this offseason. (For the record, I think Gardy will leave on his own if they suffer through another 90-loss season.)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast