Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum

Thread: MLB At Bat 13 for smartphones now available

Twitter
    @twinsgeek
    Liked 155 Times in 92 Posts
    Blog Entries

MLB At Bat 13 for smartphones now available

Looks like the new version of MLB At Bat for iphone, ipad, android, etc. was released today. (Although it looks like there is another update coming by Opening Day).

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?...nt_id=41838748

If you aren't living in Twins Territory and have an iPhone or iPad, I would HIGHLY recommend exploring MLB.TV which includes a download of this app for free. It allows you to watch games on your iPhone. I know I'm old, but I still can't believe how easy and what high quality this is.

It also looks like I can be notified now when the "condensed" version of a game has been uploaded so I can watch the games that I miss.

Senior Member All-Star 70charger's Avatar
    Liked 166 Times in 78 Posts
    I had the app last year, but unlike the "channel," which I watch through my Roku, I couldn't watch games that weren't currently on. In other words, I could watch whatever non-Twins game was playing at that moment in time, but never the Twins, and no games at all if it were, say, midnight.

Hopefully this is fixed in the new version. I watch all the games, but I was often a day behind. Being able to watch yesterday's game on my phone would make gym-going much better.

Quote Originally Posted by 70charger View Post
    I had the app last year, but unlike the "channel," which I watch through my Roku, I couldn't watch games that weren't currently on. In other words, I could watch whatever non-Twins game was playing at that moment in time, but never the Twins, and no games at all if it were, say, midnight.

Hopefully this is fixed in the new version. I watch all the games, but I was often a day behind. Being able to watch yesterday's game on my phone would make gym-going much better.

That's strange-never had any issues watching live Twins games on the At Bat app. Did you ever contact support?

As for this year I ponied up for MLB.TV premium again. Very much considered not getting it again or waiting a few months since I am not convinced the Twins will be much better this season. But I enjoy baseball too much and am intrigued to see how the boys do this season.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm still annoyed that blackout restrictions apply on the paid app. Even when it is the MLB "free game of the week"

Twitter
    @thrylos98
    Liked 430 Times in 261 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I downloaded that a couple days ago. One thing that it is different that previous seasons (major improvement) is that the free "Lite" and the pay versions are running though the same app with different data access. Which is great for someone who just wants the free app and keep track of scores and games. They even have a really nice push alert system that you can customize.

Not much input about the pay app, because I don't plan to renew my mlb.tv subscription for a couple more weeks.
    -----
    Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
    http://tenthinningstretch.blogspot.com/
    twitter: @thrylos98

Senior Member Double-A BrentMpls's Avatar
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Blog Entries
    I had the app a couple years ago and was very disappointed that I couldn't watch my own team on it.

For $20/year you can stream the radio of the games, which is what KTWN just told me to do since I can't pickup reception for the game on a radio less than a mile from the ballpark.

If you want to watch the games it blocks out your local team. You can spoof that on a computer illegally, but I didn't bother with that.

Not worth the money unless you want to watch teams outside your local area.

Senior Member All-Star 70charger's Avatar
    Liked 166 Times in 78 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BrentMpls View Post
    I had the app a couple years ago and was very disappointed that I couldn't watch my own team on it.

For $20/year you can stream the radio of the games, which is what KTWN just told me to do since I can't pickup reception for the game on a radio less than a mile from the ballpark.

If you want to watch the games it blocks out your local team. You can spoof that on a computer illegally, but I didn't bother with that.

Not worth the money unless you want to watch teams outside your local area.

We must be neighbors. I'm well under a mile from the park.

I don't actually mind the blackout part. After work and errands/gym/other, I've usually got an hour or two, and that's just the perfect amount of time to stream yesterday's game minus the commercials. Just have to be on the lookout for spoilers.