Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum

Thread: Any info on Alex Wimmers for the 2013 season??

Any info on Alex Wimmers for the 2013 season??

Followed Alex Wimmers at Ohio State just wondered how he is doing with the Twins health wise?? I know he only pitched 5 innings last year. I know he had surgery on his right elbow.The kid is so talanted really hope he gets healthy and can show his real self in pro ball. Thanks Drew

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Oldgoat_MN's Avatar
    Liked 33 Times in 22 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Drew - I have not read anything about him yet for this year.
    Keep checking back, though. Seth or John or, well, somone who knows something will respond to this.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer righty8383's Avatar
    Liked 11 Times in 9 Posts
    Blog Entries
    expect him to throw in live games sometime in June. He'll start out an inning at a time and go from there. I wouldn't be surpised to see him playing with one of the upper level teams by the end of the year.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Twins Twerp's Avatar
    Liked 110 Times in 70 Posts
    He had his surgery earlier in the year than Gibson if im not mistaken so hopefully he gets a few more innings and gets a spot in the arizona fall league.

Quote Originally Posted by Twins Twerp View Post
    He had his surgery earlier in the year than Gibson if im not mistaken so hopefully he gets a few more innings and gets a spot in the arizona fall league.
    Yup-- Wimmers had his on Aug 2 and Gibson on Nov 7.
    Hoping Wimmers can come back strong and healthy! It will be great to see him finally get some consistent, meaningful and effective innings in.

Thanks for the info. Sounds like he still has some rehab to do. Praying for a healthy recovery. Alex is a nice kid and comes fro a very nice family.

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 379 Times in 200 Posts
    Blog Entries
    His recovery has been going well, as has been expected, but no timelines have been set at this point. I think that Gibson's recovery was unusually good in 2012, and players come back from it differently, so I think if estimated the same timeline for Wimmers (even though he had surgery earlier), it is conservative and realistic. If it's quicker, that's just a bonus, really.