Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Zulgad: Terry Ryan is Good News for Ron Gardenhire

Twins Moderator MVP ashburyjohn's Avatar
    Liked 3,201 Times in 1,701 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FrodaddyG View Post
    It probably says "other teams knew he'd be available due to roster space, and weren't going to give up something when they could try and get him for free".
    And then it's Lannan's choice with whom to go, so if there's bidding for his services you take a chance on losing out. Question then is whether it's worth paying his arbitration-based salary in 2013, to assure having his services.

Speediest Moderator All-Star snepp's Avatar
    Liked 1,241 Times in 494 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ashburyjohn View Post
    In any case, all this moaning over a pitcher whose K/9 is on a (low) par with other pitchers who can't miss bats that we love to complain about, and who did not do well in AAA, baffles me.
    The problem is that we guaranteed our version of Lannan, for no good reason, 2-years and $10 million.
    "Maybe you could go grab a bat and ball… and learn something. Maybe you will get it."
    - Strib commenter educating the elitists on the value of RBI's

Liked 2,206 Times in 1,243 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I understand his pending arbitration situation and the role it played... And the bidding war afterwards stopped at 2.5 million.

Needing pitching will inflate value of pitching. Most teams need pitching and his value stopped at 2.5 plus bonus. It speaks volumes to me as for his value.

30 teams 2.5 million. The GM's collectively don't seem to value Lannan as high as some of us do.

One thing to consider in new management is Gardy's previous success at ushering in new prospects. He's got a pretty spectacular track record and over the next couple of seasons the Twins will be promoting more prospects than ever before. Do you really trust that Molitor or any other new manager for the Twins would do better than Gardenhire at this and shouldn't this be considered more than W's and L's for a rebuilding franchise?

Senior Member All-Star Willihammer's Avatar
    Liked 380 Times in 212 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I don't trust Molitor to be better at anything compared to Gardy. Why should he be, because he's from St Paul?

Identify an upgrade, then hire him. Don't fire Gardy just to fire him.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 193 Times in 119 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Big City View Post
    One thing to consider in new management is Gardy's previous success at ushering in new prospects. He's got a pretty spectacular track record and over the next couple of seasons the Twins will be promoting more prospects than ever before. Do you really trust that Molitor or any other new manager for the Twins would do better than Gardenhire at this and shouldn't this be considered more than W's and L's for a rebuilding franchise?
    I agree with you but the you are going to get flamed very soon.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234