Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Article: Gardenhire: Dozier will start in Rochester

Junior Member Rookie
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Not all Gardenhire

Quote Originally Posted by Fanatic Jack View Post
    I believe it's very fitting to say manager Ron Gardenhire has set the Twins organization back 10 years. And 10 years is being nice. The guy is a class A bum and could screw up a wet dream.
    Fanatic Jack,

I am pretty sure Terry Ryan has a lot to say on player promotions along with the entire Minor league staff. Gardenhire has stated many times that he would like to see Dozier up with the big club but to skip a level doesn't happen very often. I have a feeling if Dozier plays well in AAA, there may be a call up but not until after the date to avoid the super two, sometime in May.

Baseball managers, coaches, and executives with vastly more baseball knowledge and experience than I will ever accumulate get fired all the time.

Junior Member Rookie
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries

Nishipunto Will Be Around For Awhile (2 Years, Probably)

The Twins have nothing to lose but a position on the 40 man roster by keeping him in Rochester. Maybe, just maybe, he'll develop into trade bait. They're on the hook for 2 more years anyway, so keep the guy around and see what happens.
    If they release him now, he'll probably clear waivers and wind up back in Japan with a bunch of Yen in his pockets and the Twins will never know what might have, could have been. I'm not saying he'll develop into a premier or even a journeyman 2B or SS. But, they might be able to get a bucket of balls and a PTBNL right around July 31st of this year or next.
    I really doubt that he'll ever make it back to TF. At least not in a Twins uniform. But with the rather tenuous situation the Twins have up the middle, you never know.
    Casilla gets injured and/or has head somewhere else. Jamey Carrol runs out of gas sometime in June. (Think Adam Everett here). Dozier pulls a hamstring and is out for ??. It can happen.
    Let him ride the bus around for awhile without having the pressure of being a stranger in a strange land. If he gets it together, fine. If not, well that's OK too.

Twitter
    @thrylos98
    Liked 433 Times in 263 Posts
    Blog Entries
    It's kinda of saddening to see all that venom against Nishioka. Ok the guy did not performed to the par last season (but he suffered a broken leg a week into the season.) And he was (apparently) not up to par this Spring Training, but if you look at the numbers, he was not much off than others. Matter of fact he was better than some non-roster people who are either still in big league camp or were cut after him. And he had a bad off-season personally, so he needs a break. And in his awful debut last season, he was not the worse player on the team. That would be someone who the Twins braintrust will push on the 25-man roster as the 3rd catcher for no good reason...
    -----
    Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
    http://tenthinningstretch.blogspot.com/
    twitter: @thrylos98

The Twins starting middle infield come August will be Dozier and Nishioka.

Member Single-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries

Gardenhire had a Cy Young, an MVP, and a Batting Title on the same team and failed to win a playoff game.

Can we please drop the "Minnesota Nice" b.s. and hire a real manager?

Quote Originally Posted by Fanatic Jack View Post
    I believe it's very fitting to say manager Ron Gardenhire has set the Twins organization back 10 years. And 10 years is being nice. The guy is a class A bum and could screw up a wet dream.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12