Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BaseballAmerica top 100 drops today

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Twins Twerp's Avatar
    Liked 109 Times in 69 Posts

BaseballAmerica top 100 drops today

I will post twins rankings when it drops.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 218 Times in 138 Posts
    Sano - 9
    Buxton - 10
    Arica - 41
    Meyer - 59
    Gibson - 68
    Hicks - 72

No Rosario but two top 10 hitters. Not bad.

I'm a little surprised at how high Buxton was ranked. Pleasantly surprised actually.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 61 Times in 38 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Twins Twerp View Post
    I'm a little surprised at how high Buxton was ranked. Pleasantly surprised actually.
    He was the top prospect for BA heading into the draft and had a representative debut. Seems about right.

There is an outside chance the Twins could have the top two prospects next year. That would be fun.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 320 Times in 202 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Me too. I've got a healthy skepticism about Buxton. Interesting to see him ranked high in a lot of places, but I think a lot of that is carryover from his pre-draft projection and #2 draft position. This year's performance (and next year's ranking) will be much more meaningful for him.

Also interesting that Buxton has a 75 ranking for an arm while Hicks has a 70. I've heard reports that Hicks has one of if not the best arm in the minors.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 320 Times in 202 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by drjim View Post
    There is an outside chance the Twins could have the top two prospects next year. That would be fun.
    Exceedingly outside, I would think. Unless you are referring to a player yet to be drafted or acquired. Sano looks too one-dimensional so far to be ranked tops in baseball, and Buxton is still all athleticism and little performance.

Also only saw a few 80's passed out to any of the top 100. Buxton got an 80 for his speed (but he is not as fast as Billy Hamilton) and Sano got an 80 for raw power. Pretty impressive. Meyer got a 75 ranking for his fastball.

Liked 20 Times in 15 Posts
    Impressive, thanks for posting.

Twitter
    @twinsgeek
    Liked 158 Times in 94 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by raindog View Post
    Impressive, thanks for posting.
    +1

I'm starting to get excited about Arcia. He seems to be trending in the right direction - a guy that everyone feels maybe they had overlooked and now are wondering why they missed him.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 218 Times in 138 Posts
    BA has a nice podcast on the top 100 too. http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/media/podcasts/

Senior Member MVP
    Liked 563 Times in 368 Posts
    Nice. The minors are improved.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 38 Times in 33 Posts
    You have to think Rosario, May, and Berrios aren't far off of this list either. Easy top 200 maybe even 150. Pretty exciting time to watch the farm, just have to hope the bulk of them can develop into big leaguers

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 80 Times in 60 Posts
    Rosario ranked #65 for KLAW, #112 for Seedlings to the Stars. Berrios was at #121 for Seedlings. Haven't seen May or Kepler ranked, but Law said he anticipates he'll make next year's top 100 barring a setback.

It's entirely possible the Twins graduate two (Hicks and Gibson) and add four (Kepler, Rosario, Berrios, and Austin Meadows). I'm smiling as I type this. Saying the minors are improved is a begrudging understatement, is it not, mike? Just ribbing you.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 80 Times in 60 Posts
    The rest of the AL Central had nine players ranked, none as high as Sano and Buxton. Detroit has Castellanos #21, Garcia #74, and Rondon #95. Cleveland: Bauer #14, Lindor #28; KC: Zimmer #24, Starling #35, Ventura #85; Chicago has Hawkins at #55.

Liked 20 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by birdwatcher View Post
    The rest of the AL Central had nine players ranked, none as high as Sano and Buxton. Detroit has Castellanos #21, Garcia #74, and Rondon #95. Cleveland: Bauer #14, Lindor #28; KC: Zimmer #24, Starling #35, Ventura #85; Chicago has Hawkins at #55.
    That is pretty fantastic news. The Twins farm system is head and shoulders above the rest of the AL Central.

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 369 Times in 195 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by John Bonnes View Post
    +1

I'm starting to get excited about Arcia. He seems to be trending in the right direction - a guy that everyone feels maybe they had overlooked and now are wondering why they missed him.
    Not everyone overlooked or missed him... but that's why people come to TwinsDaily.com every day, right?

• Logan (North Dakota): How far off are Trevor May and Eddie Rosario of the Twins?

John Manuel: Rosario is close. If we'd debated him more I bet we'd have moved him up from the 130s because of the bat. Not sure where he winds up defensively, that seems to be the biggest question. Trevor May on the other hand did not appear on any Top 150 ballot. Seems like the BA consensus is he's going to wind up in the bullpen due to his repeated issues with throwing strikes. Good arm, but there are a lot of good arms in the minor leagues.

Too bad the like button has been removed, because I got a question into the chat...boom. Does this make me a TwinsDaily celeb?

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 61 Times in 38 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spycake View Post
    Exceedingly outside, I would think. Unless you are referring to a player yet to be drafted or acquired. Sano looks too one-dimensional so far to be ranked tops in baseball, and Buxton is still all athleticism and little performance.
    You're probably right, but on the current list only Bogaerts and (probably) Cole rank ahead of them and will still be on the list next year. As I said, outside chance.
    Papers...business papers.

Twins Moderator All-Star diehardtwinsfan's Avatar
    Liked 803 Times in 506 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by birdwatcher View Post

It's entirely possible the Twins graduate two (Hicks and Gibson) and add four (Kepler, Rosario, Berrios, and Austin Meadows). I'm smiling as I type this. Saying the minors are improved is a begrudging understatement, is it not, mike? Just ribbing you.
    I'd bet a pretty reasonable amount of money that Arcia graduates this year too. Morneau or Willingham (or both) will get traded at the deadline making room for him.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast