Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Neal: Plouffe and Twins Want Him To Stay At One Position

Twins Moderator All-Star twinsnorth49's Avatar
    Liked 1,282 Times in 686 Posts
    Now hold on a minute here, Snepp is no mere moderator, he's a super moderator, let's get it right.

Having cleared that up, there was really nothing to moderate, Fro's comment was pointless (maybe mine was too, if you choose the simpleton interpretation), but it wasn't inappropriate. Let's not turn into the mod police.

Speediest Moderator All-Star snepp's Avatar
    Liked 1,281 Times in 513 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LoganJones View Post
    Well, considering you are a moderator and don't see anything inappropriate about the comment, what would be the point of reporting it to you?
    My point, which I didn't do a very good job of making, is that there is a "Report Post" function available at the bottom of every post (the little icon with the exclamation point). This will bring any potentially problematic posts to the attention of the entire staff, and is much preferable to starting what could easily turn into a pissing match. Report the post, move along, and allow the admins to determine if any action is necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePuck View Post
    It would have made it so the moderators made the call instead of a poster coming on here and erroneously calling it an inappropriate post...
    Thank you, that's exactly what I meant.
    "Maybe you could go grab a bat and ball… and learn something. Maybe you will get it."
    - Strib commenter educating the elitists on the value of RBI's

okay, where did you find that animation?
    There's some classics on here, my personal fave is the guy setting himself on fire. I'm waiting until the season starts to use it....or until Lightfoot posts something again.

http://www.sherv.net/fighting-emoticons.html

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by twinsnorth49 View Post
    There's some classics on here, my personal fave is the guy setting himself on fire. I'm waiting until the season starts to use it....or until Lightfoot posts something again.

http://www.sherv.net/fighting-emoticons.html
    That's funny! Thanks for the link

It would have made it so the moderators made the call instead of a poster coming on here and erroneously calling it an inappropriate post...
    Mhm. Since the mods and the twerp seem to differ on what's appropriate and not, oh never-mind.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Mhm. Since the mods and the twerp seem to differ on what's appropriate and not, oh never-mind.
    I got what you were saying...I'm not sure you got where snepp was going with his instruction. True, twerp wouldn't have gotten his way had he simply reported it...but there still would have benefit overall...that benefit being that his post wouldn't have been posted in the first place.

Twitter
    @crarko
    Liked 775 Times in 407 Posts
    Of course, if people would stop and think for 30 seconds and try moderating themselves before hitting that old reply button...

We'd have Satchmo singing "What a Wonderful World."

Senior Member Big-Leaguer FrodaddyG's Avatar
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well, I'm going to side with the ones who are trusted to enforce the forums rules on this one.

I guess I'm not sure what exactly I did that made the Twerp respond like such a, well, twerp to most of my posts. Probably commented on a joke that went over gangbusters at the old MENSA meeting, but fell flat on the forum.

I got what you were saying...I'm not sure you got where snepp was going with his instruction. True, twerp wouldn't have gotten his way had he simply reported it...but there still would have benefit overall...that benefit being that his post wouldn't have been posted in the first place.
    Haha, good point.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by crarko View Post
    Of course, if people would stop and think for 30 seconds and try moderating themselves before hitting that old reply button...
    Or if people would stop looking for inappropriateness when it's not there just cause they don't agree with the post to begin with...

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FrodaddyG View Post
    Well, I'm going to side with the ones who are trusted to enforce the forums rules on this one.

I guess I'm not sure what exactly I did that made the Twerp respond like such a, well, twerp to most of my posts. Probably commented on a joke that went over gangbusters at the old MENSA meeting, but fell flat on the forum.
    You quibs are quite hilarious...I, for one, hope you continue them...four horseman, I'm still cracking up from that one...

Senior Member Big-Leaguer FrodaddyG's Avatar
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    You quibs are quite hilarious...I, for one, hope you continue them...four horseman, I'm still cracking up from that one...
    Well, it didn't really move the conversation along, though...

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FrodaddyG View Post
    Well, it didn't really move the conversation along, though...
    no post is perfect :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Beauchamp View Post
    Sometimes, it's okay to just say something funny instead of "furthering the conversation". After all, the poster basically said "if Plouffe plays better, he'll be a better player".

We're not running a monastery and this is not the town from Footloose, folks. Lighten up a little.
    Completely agree, having read my post again, I was quite deserving of some derision. I have to re-evaluate my late night offerings, if you're too tired to provide some context, you probably should just log off and go to bed.

Liked 2,287 Times in 1,283 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Twins Twerp View Post
    I would like to talk more about this power surge. That month of June was sick. Then the injury came and he really was not even close to the same. I hope that this surge was the rule and not the exception. I am afraid that this may be a little bit of a mirage.
    We all know that baseball is a streaky game... Players get hot and they get cold... The month of June that Plouffe had was more that just a streak and that is why I'm optimistic about Plouffe this year.

I don't expect Trevor to duplicate that month ever again... It can only be viewed as an exception in my thinking.

However... Anybody who can get that hot... Has something. What was he? .314 12 home runs... something like that. Thats off the charts. If you can do that... No matter if it was an isolated streak... If you can do that... You have a bench mark of something working right to go back to... You have video to look at... as a guide to work through slumps...

In 2011 23 dingers AAA and MLB combined in 478 at bats...

In 2013... If he stays healthy... He could pick up around 600 at bats... If you factor all that in... An expectation of 30 plus homers is not far fetched.

I think Plouffe has arrived... It's all in his hands... I'm prepared to be ecstatic.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12