Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum

Thread: Article: New Life For The New Kid?

Article: New Life For The New Kid?

Throw in the fact that Gardenhire lobbied hard to have Dozier called up last season.

More likely is the idea that they want to get a good look at him now. During the season Gardy and his guys don't get to see minor league players, so they're probably spending as much time as possible now to learn what they can. He'll go to Rochester to work on things until someone can't cut it or gets hurt, and then he'll come up to play full-time until the crisis passes.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It used to be an adage (I know how much the SABR crowd reveres adages) that AAA was only for mediocre players. Any really good player made the jump to the majors from Class A. If memory serves, Hrbek and Wynegar made that jump. Gaetti came from AA. I think Puckett went from A to AAA but only played about one month there before being called up. I guess that is not The Twins Way anymore. Or maybe it just says something about the caliber of players they have.

Liked 12 Times in 2 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I think Gardy gets to see more of his minor leaguers than he'd like, actually...
    Last edited by Teflon; 03-21-2012 at 11:59 AM.