Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Harden: Best He's Felt in Six years

Liked 113 Times in 63 Posts
    Blog Entries

Harden: Best He's Felt in Six years

Brian Murphy of the Pi Press checks in on Rich Harden. it has a variation on the usual "best shape of my life" spring training story:

"It's the best I felt in six years," Harden declared Wednesday, Feb. 13, following his first bullpen session. "I'm really excited to have an opportunity to pitch for this team. Ball's coming out good. It's just kind of putting it all together with some consistency."
    Lord, help me, but I'm going to get sucked in by this. I'm going to believe. I can feel the stomach punch already.

Minnesota Twins' Rich Harden hopes for more time on mound, less on DL - TwinCities.com

Senior Member Big-Leaguer crarko's Avatar
    Liked 291 Times in 156 Posts
    This would make an absolutely amazing story if he can come back like his early self. I guess he's already passed the Zumaya test.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Thanks for all these updates today John, they are appreciated. If Harden could be back by mid-late April to +90% of what he was, he could be the Twins #1 guy and round out a nice starting rotation. Still a big if, but what a great first report.

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 15 Times in 9 Posts
    Twins fan walking through the desert. Almost ready to expire when he looks up and sees a mirage. Water - no Ice cold Grain Belt - No - It's the 2008 version of Rich Harden

Right after his last surgery the doctor who performed the operation said that what he fixed was the likely cause of his other shoulder problems. Lets hope he is right.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 214 Times in 147 Posts
    Is this tracked on hardballlltalk as a best shape of my life? They actually tracked those last year and then looked at performance......

The classic low risk/ high reward signing! It would be awe fully good to see this one pay off. This one, of all the recent such signings, really has the potential to be a difference maker. If only!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Holy crap, optimism.
    Mastermind of the "Free Bert" sign.

Senior Member All-Star PseudoSABR's Avatar
    Liked 109 Times in 66 Posts
    I wish the Twins would sign a guy like this.

[QUOTE=John Bonnes;83689] Lord, help me, but I'm going to get sucked in by this. I'm going to believe. I can feel the stomach punch already.

This is funny

Tsk tsk. . .This feels like all the times my dad said he'd quit hitting my mom.....or something.

Super Moderator MVP ashburyjohn's Avatar
    Liked 1,257 Times in 751 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Some headlines, or even entire articles, just about write themselves this time of year, don't they.

It isn't until late May when the team is in a 11-37 slump after starting so promisingly at 1-1 that the headlines start to read "So and So hopes for more time on DL, less on mound".

Senior Member Big-Leaguer 70charger's Avatar
    Liked 56 Times in 26 Posts
    It's a cliche, but I want to believe.

Senior Member All-Star Badsmerf's Avatar
    Liked 31 Times in 19 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PseudoSABR View Post
    I wish the Twins would sign a guy like this.
    Those guys don't want to come to teams like the Twins.
    Do or do not. There is no try.

Super Moderator All-Star twinsnorth49's Avatar
    Liked 608 Times in 325 Posts
    Just this once......please

Senior Member All-Star TheLeviathan's Avatar
    Liked 341 Times in 194 Posts
    Call me when it's when it's early April and this is still true. "Player X feels stronger and healthier than ever!" is stock material for journalists. I'm glad he's on the mound and throwing though.

Liked 292 Times in 164 Posts
    Blog Entries
    As an added bonus, if Harden is good, then he might become very valuable as the trade deadline approaches.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer FrodaddyG's Avatar
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by glunn View Post
    As an added bonus, if Harden is good, then he might become very valuable as the trade deadline approaches.
    If Harden is both good and healthy by the deadline, it may be tough getting a deal done, what with the four hoursemen running roughshod over the world and all.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Blog Entries
    Sign him up long-term now!

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 214 Times in 147 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FrodaddyG View Post
    If Harden is both good and healthy by the deadline, it may be tough getting a deal done, what with the four hoursemen running roughshod over the world and all.
    awesome
    Lighten up Francis....

Did anyone else notice that the article says Harden pitched for Toronto in 2008? Pretty sure that didn't happen (Somebody misread "TOT" on Baseball Reference?)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast