Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum

Thread: Article: Baseball Season is Upon Us

Article: Baseball Season is Upon Us

Twins Moderator MVP ashburyjohn's Avatar
    Liked 3,201 Times in 1,701 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Man, now I wish I was going to Fort Myers this year instead of last; I would definitely take you up on your offer of hospitality around the minor league fields.

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 347 Times in 183 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Thanks again, AJ! I really enjoy you letting us live vicariously through you. I probably won't make it to Ft. Myers this spring unfortunately, but I can't quite so for sure that I won't either because AJ and a lot of the other Twins prospects are really great, very fan-friendly, and I'm glad that the Twins encourage that.

Senior Member All-Star Badsmerf's Avatar
    Liked 59 Times in 34 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Nice job AJ. It would be awesome to get regular articles like this from you. It really is amazing that we are able to connect so easily in our generation.
    Do or do not. There is no try.

Am heading down there next weekend for the opening exhibition games. I've been to most of the camps in South Florida and I still like the Twins camp the best. The ability to take a seat in the shade right in between all the minor league fields is something we take for granted. Last year we met some friends up in Clearwater at the Phillies camp and they close off the back fields to the general public. Plus the Twins camp is less than a half hour drive to get ribs at Michelbob's!

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Thanks for the update A.J. Expect it is nice settling into spring training after an exciting fall/winter. Have a great season!

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 347 Times in 183 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Plus the Twins camp is less than a half hour drive to get ribs at Michelbob's!
    Best place EVER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Badsmerf View Post
    Nice job AJ. It would be awesome to get regular articles like this from you. It really is amazing that we are able to connect so easily in our generation.
    Thanks! I'm glad I get to connect through this site!

Quote Originally Posted by LewFordLives View Post
    Am heading down there next weekend for the opening exhibition games. I've been to most of the camps in South Florida and I still like the Twins camp the best. The ability to take a seat in the shade right in between all the minor league fields is something we take for granted. Last year we met some friends up in Clearwater at the Phillies camp and they close off the back fields to the general public. Plus the Twins camp is less than a half hour drive to get ribs at Michelbob's!
    If you are at the complex in the morning or early afternoon you should look for us on the minor league side!

Quote Originally Posted by roger View Post
    Thanks for the update A.J. Expect it is nice settling into spring training after an exciting fall/winter. Have a great season!
    Thanks Roger. It's definitely nice and the weather is great!

Liked 701 Times in 368 Posts
    Blog Entries
    A.J., I very much appreciate all of your posts. I am sending positive energy to your rehabbing wrist.

Liked 1,209 Times in 702 Posts
    Have a great season. Hope your wife is enjoying your relocation to Florida as well (okay, its cold and snowy in Minnesota -- kind of hard to think she wouldn't be liking the sunshine!) Thanks for all your posts over the last year -- it's always fun to read about your life in baseball (and outside it too).

Quote Originally Posted by glunn View Post
    A.J., I very much appreciate all of your posts. I am sending positive energy to your rehabbing wrist.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by JB_Iowa View Post
    Have a great season. Hope your wife is enjoying your relocation to Florida as well (okay, its cold and snowy in Minnesota -- kind of hard to think she wouldn't be liking the sunshine!) Thanks for all your posts over the last year -- it's always fun to read about your life in baseball (and outside it too).
    We love it here. Just got back from the pool! I am glad you are enjoying my articles, I will keep them coming for sure.