Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Improvement for Twins Home Games - NO DANCE OFF!!! Plus two more

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 14 Times in 12 Posts
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Improvement for Twins Home Games - NO DANCE OFF!!! Plus two more

My three best ideas on how to improve the Twins game day experience:
    #1: Get rid of the Mayo Clinic Dance Off - before I end out in a Mayo Clinic "rubber room!"
    #2: Get rid of the canned "Day-Oh" cheer (unless Samuel Deduno makes the team - then change it to "Day-Du-Noh, Day-Doo-oo-oo-noh"). Could someone explain the significance of the "Day-Oh" thing anyways????
    #3: Bring back the trees in the center field batter's eye - End the curse that started when they were uprooted and help our pitchers accumulate some better stats, too.

Just don't bring back the "Hormel Row of Fame" song (It's O.K. to bring back the Mexican Hat Dance)

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Liked 1,502 Times in 785 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I thought this thread was going to link a statement saying they had eliminated the dance-off and I was giddy to click into the thread and read about it.

And now I'm disappointed. I should ban you for ruining my day like that.

Senior Member Double-A
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Brock Beauchamp View Post
    I thought this thread was going to link a statement saying they had eliminated the dance-off and I was giddy to click into the thread and read about it.

And now I'm disappointed. I should ban you for ruining my day like that.
    Sorry, but it's time to start the groundswell of fans who want to rid Target Field of the uber-annoying Dance Off. If the team is going to be below-average (at best), then at least we can have a better game experience by dumping the Dance Off.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Brad Swanson's Avatar
    Twitter
    @Bridman77
    Liked 56 Times in 29 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Fans don't take the dance-off seriously enough. They always just vote for the kid. Some fans really bust a move and should be awarded. I don't want to see some lame kid wave his arms while his Dad or Mom holds him up. Kids generally have terrible dance moves.

I also think that anyone who does push-ups instead of dancing should be immediately banned from Target Field and possibly Minnesota as well.

We'll never get rid of the dance-off, so let's improve it.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    There have been times when certain contestants have made the Dance Off....well....fun to watch. Perhaps they just need to find more of those types of contestants???? I'll leave it at that.

Senior Member All-Star Boom Boom's Avatar
    Liked 204 Times in 95 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad Swanson View Post
    Fans don't take the dance-off seriously enough. They always just vote for the kid. Some fans really bust a move and should be awarded. I don't want to see some lame kid wave his arms while his Dad or Mom holds him up. Kids generally have terrible dance moves.

I also think that anyone who does push-ups instead of dancing should be immediately banned from Target Field and possibly Minnesota as well.

Unless they're all kids, which I saw once. Then the Dance-Off gets uncomfortable because you're hurting two of the three kids' feelings.

Senior Member Double-A
    Blog Entries
    If a kid isn't in the dance off, then the fans vote for the best looking gal. I can't believe that I'm getting into the nuances of the dance off. Let's just get rid of it.

Twitter
    @Bridman77
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by strumdatjag View Post
    If a kid isn't in the dance off, then the fans vote for the best looking gal. I can't believe that I'm getting into the nuances of the dance off. Let's just get rid of it.
    I'm sorry, I just can't use that measure. We need a universal and standard measure to better understand who the best dancer is. We need a WAR for these dances. Otherwise, I just simply don't know how to evaluate the best dancer, and the pleebs in the crowd certainly don't either.
    Works on contingency? No, money down!
    Kevin Slowey was Framed!

The #1 way to improve home games is put a team out there that I want to go pay money to see. All that other crap I couldn't care less about.
    Last edited by RIP BYTO; 02-12-2013 at 03:46 PM.

Liked 128 Times in 83 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by strumdatjag View Post
    Or they could just put three really good looking girls out there to dance. I bet most of the guys on this site would think that would improve the dance off a lot.
    You can come up with statistics to prove anything. Forty percent of all people know that.

Senior Member All-Star YourHouseIsMyHouse's Avatar
    Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I agree with all 3. Although, one of the times I went to Target the dance off was pretty good. Some middle aged, somewhat fat guy went flat back to the ground and just started pushing himself around by kicking his feet. I was entertained by that and he won in a landslide for the record.

Senior Member All-Star YourHouseIsMyHouse's Avatar
    Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad Swanson View Post

How about we deport them from the United States too? Or shuttle them off to Venus?

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Without the Dance-Off though, I wouldn't have heard any cheers or applause last year

Twins News Team All-Star TheLeviathan's Avatar
    Liked 608 Times in 339 Posts
    Does anyone understand why we should be entertained by the "Under Water" cam that doesn't do anything on the big screen? That one baffles me.

Twins Moderator MVP ashburyjohn's Avatar
    Liked 3,192 Times in 1,697 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Or they could just put three really good looking girls out there to dance. I bet most of the guys on this site would think that would improve the dance off a lot.
    For the price of the ticket, and considering the quality of the team they may be putting on the field, a lap dance for each patron who wants one should not be taken completely off the table for discussion. At least, install stripper poles at various locations in the stands.

The King In The North All-Star Nick Nelson's Avatar
    Twitter
    @nnelson9
    Liked 77 Times in 29 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Hormel Row of Fame was the greatest.

Twitter
    @Bridman77
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by YourHouseIsMyHouse View Post
    How about we deport them from the United States too? Or shuttle them off to Venus?
    If it halts the behavior, then sure, works for me.
    Works on contingency? No, money down!
    Kevin Slowey was Framed!

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Nelson View Post
    Hormel Row of Fame was the greatest.
    If only they'd bring back Hormel hot dogs.

Twins News Team All-Star TheLeviathan's Avatar
    Liked 608 Times in 339 Posts
    Just go to Kaczmuracks.....a brat from them and you can even withstand feeling sorry for the poor children they march out in small bear costumes that invariably look miserable and uncomfortable.

Twins Moderator All-Star twinsnorth49's Avatar
    Liked 1,180 Times in 627 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLeviathan View Post
    Just go to Kaczmuracks.....a brat from them and you can even withstand feeling sorry for the poor children they march out in small bear costumes that invariably look miserable and uncomfortable.
    Do you mean Kramarczuk's? If so,, agreed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast