Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum

View Poll Results: Are we willing to try to be more civil with each other?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • I agree, my brother.

    26 78.79%
  • I do not agree.

    7 21.21%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 60

Thread: Mutual respect in the listserve -- a proposal

  1. #21
    Senior Member All-Star SpiritofVodkaDave's Avatar
    Posts
    4,002
    Like
    104
    Liked 392 Times in 206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brock Beauchamp View Post
    Well said, Pseudo. Those posters are one of the biggest problems on a large internet forum. They don't violate rules so it's hard to bring a hammer down on them without coming off like an ass. They slowly eat into the forum's attitude and anger what are often level-headed people into starting a flame war.

    Figuring out what to do with them from a moderation standpoint is extremely difficult. I hate the idea of banning people because I dislike their posting style. It makes me feel like a self-important tyrant and I don't like running sites in that manner. On the other hand, they're a giant pain in the forum's ass and they're usually relentless about it.

    So, again, if you don't like someone's "stupidity", ignore them. Please. And the moment they clearly violate a forum rule, report it.
    I'd really prefer you just start banning those people that Pseudo mentions, it's sure as hell why I stayed off this forum (and several others had) for the past month or so, unfortunately I got roped back in by one stupid thread. Either way if those people stick around throughout the season I can't see myself participating or even lurking this forum very much, as it really just devolves into rubechat version 2.0.

    I will still read the articles though, but the forum is in serious trouble of turning into a toxic wasteland.

  2. #22
    Senior Member Big-Leaguer FrodaddyG's Avatar
    Posts
    536
    Like
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Sweet, the board finally is trying to come up with its own version of "the N-word". (By which I mean the actual phrase "the N-word". Go watch Louis CK's bit about it.)

  3. #23
    Owner MVP Brock Beauchamp's Avatar
    Posts
    8,129
    Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Like
    49
    Liked 1,599 Times in 831 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritofVodkaDave View Post
    I'd really prefer you just start banning those people that Pseudo mentions, it's sure as hell why I stayed off this forum (and several others had) for the past month or so, unfortunately I got roped back in by one stupid thread. Either way if those people stick around throughout the season I can't see myself participating or even lurking this forum very much, as it really just devolves into rubechat version 2.0.

    I will still read the articles though, but the forum is in serious trouble of turning into a toxic wasteland.
    I think you need to take off the rose-colored glasses and clearly remember the inanity of BYTO offseasons gone by. Every offseason turned into a petty pissing contest because there was nothing else to talk about.

    When baseball starts being played again, focus will turn back to the game.

  4. #24
    Senior Member Triple-A mcrow's Avatar
    Posts
    275
    Like
    0
    Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by FrodaddyG View Post
    Sweet, the board finally is trying to come up with its own version of "the N-word". (By which I mean the actual phrase "the N-word". Go watch Louis CK's bit about it.)
    Maybe I'm missing the attempt at humor here? Otherwise this is troll in an anti-troll thread.

  5. #25
    Senior Member Big-Leaguer FrodaddyG's Avatar
    Posts
    536
    Like
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mcrow View Post
    Maybe I'm missing the attempt at humor here? Otherwise this is troll in an anti-troll thread.
    As I said, go look up that Louis CK bit and you'll get it. It's just shifting the impetus on the reader to fill in whatever derogatory term they want for whatever generic term you want to universally deem acceptable.

  6. #26
    Owner MVP Brock Beauchamp's Avatar
    Posts
    8,129
    Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Like
    49
    Liked 1,599 Times in 831 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by mcrow View Post
    Maybe I'm missing the attempt at humor here? Otherwise this is troll in an anti-troll thread.
    He's referring to this entirely hilarious routine. Very NSFW, by the way.

    Louis Ck - "N" word - YouTube

    Louis CK is the best. One of those rare comedians that is hilarious, socially conscious, and smart as hell.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Brock Beauchamp View Post
    He's referring to this entirely hilarious routine. Very NSFW, by the way.

    Louis Ck - "N" word - YouTube

    Louis CK is the best. One of those rare comedians that is hilarious, socially conscious, and smart as hell.
    I feel like you need to watch this for sensitivity training, Legs.

    Wheels Ontario

  8. #28
    Senior Member All-Star SpiritofVodkaDave's Avatar
    Posts
    4,002
    Like
    104
    Liked 392 Times in 206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brock Beauchamp View Post
    I think you need to take off the rose-colored glasses and clearly remember the inanity of BYTO offseasons gone by. Every offseason turned into a petty pissing contest because there was nothing else to talk about.

    When baseball starts being played again, focus will turn back to the game.
    I dunno man, at least our resident mouth breathers at BYTO had awesome mullets or awesome youtube videos to soften the blow.

  9. #29
    Twins News Team All-Star PseudoSABR's Avatar
    Posts
    1,955
    Like
    257
    Liked 207 Times in 116 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritofVodkaDave View Post
    I dunno man, at least our resident mouth breathers at BYTO had awesome mullets or awesome youtube videos to soften the blow.
    It got just as bad at BYTO, Dave. Sure, we shouted them down more quickly and shamed them into silence, leading the place to empty out. A sad thing, but it happened.

  10. #30
    Senior Member All-Star SpiritofVodkaDave's Avatar
    Posts
    4,002
    Like
    104
    Liked 392 Times in 206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PseudoSABR View Post
    It got just as bad at BYTO, Dave. Sure, we shouted them down more quickly and shamed them into silence, leading the place to empty out. A sad thing, but it happened.
    I just miss mullet and itstimetotakeit talk

  11. #31
    Twins Moderator All-Star ChiTownTwinsFan's Avatar
    Posts
    4,832
    Twitter
    @Sheradoodles
    Like
    1,427
    Liked 1,943 Times in 1,138 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritofVodkaDave View Post
    I just miss mullet and itstimetotakeit talk
    I don't miss mullet one iota. itstime, however ... that was beyond epic.

  12. #32
    Speediest Moderator All-Star snepp's Avatar
    Posts
    4,089
    Like
    1,822
    Liked 1,297 Times in 523 Posts
    Is it time to.....ghet rhedday?
    "Maybe you could go grab a bat and ball… and learn something. Maybe you will get it."
    - Strib commenter educating the elitists on the value of RBI's

  13. #33
    Head Moderator MVP glunn's Avatar
    Posts
    5,081
    Like
    4,536
    Liked 722 Times in 383 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    I am grateful for the (mostly) positive responses to this thread, my brothers.

  14. #34
    Twins Moderator All-Star ChiTownTwinsFan's Avatar
    Posts
    4,832
    Twitter
    @Sheradoodles
    Like
    1,427
    Liked 1,943 Times in 1,138 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by glunn View Post
    I am grateful for the (mostly) positive responses to this thread, my brothers.
    Um, and sisters.

  15. #35
    Senior Member Big-Leaguer FrodaddyG's Avatar
    Posts
    536
    Like
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiTownTwinsFan View Post
    Um, and sisters.
    I'm not sure TD has ratified suffrage for your kind in these polls just yet.

  16. #36
    Twins Moderator MVP ashburyjohn's Avatar
    Posts
    8,679
    Like
    2,655
    Liked 3,306 Times in 1,754 Posts
    Blog Entries
    28
    Brethren(*), in honor of this peace initiative I have installed a new avatar for my account. Enjoy.

    * and cistern

  17. #37
    Head Moderator MVP glunn's Avatar
    Posts
    5,081
    Like
    4,536
    Liked 722 Times in 383 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiTownTwinsFan View Post
    Um, and sisters.
    Sorry, my sister. Please note that I did mention sisters in my original post.

  18. #38
    Head Moderator MVP glunn's Avatar
    Posts
    5,081
    Like
    4,536
    Liked 722 Times in 383 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by ashburyjohn View Post
    Brethren(*), in honor of this peace initiative I have installed a new avatar for my account. Enjoy.

    * and cistern
    Very nice avatar, my brother.

  19. #39
    Twins Moderator All-Star ChiTownTwinsFan's Avatar
    Posts
    4,832
    Twitter
    @Sheradoodles
    Like
    1,427
    Liked 1,943 Times in 1,138 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FrodaddyG View Post
    I'm not sure TD has ratified suffrage for your kind in these polls just yet.
    The Queen does not need your ratification. You are just lucky I let you eat cake once in a while.

  20. #40
    Twins Moderator MVP ashburyjohn's Avatar
    Posts
    8,679
    Like
    2,655
    Liked 3,306 Times in 1,754 Posts
    Blog Entries
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by glunn View Post
    Very nice avatar, my brother.
    In light of

    > but substitute the words "my brother" for "retard", idiot" and whatever else you may really be thinking
    you can be sure I will take your praise in the spirit it was no doubt intended. My brother.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
©2014 TwinsCentric, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Interested in advertising with Twins Daily? Click here.