Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Article: Here We Go Again...

The King In The North All-Star Nick Nelson's Avatar
    Liked 65 Times in 24 Posts
    Blog Entries

Article: Here We Go Again...

Senior Member All-Star Ultima Ratio's Avatar
    Liked 26 Times in 13 Posts
    Phew, at least we'll get a good, extended look at all the young guys he's blocking.

/snark

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Eh, Diamond's absence would allow us to evaluate someone else. We're not going to be winning, with or without Scotty D. So give him all the time he needs. He's not a real ace anyway, just a desperate attempt to fill the "ace role" with a surely awful pitching club in 2013

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Somehow, THIS is still relevant. Even after the numerous trades and free-agent signings...these four are still my best bet to stick long-term.

Super Moderator MVP ashburyjohn's Avatar
    Liked 1,213 Times in 723 Posts
    Blog Entries
    He could switch to being a righty, but I sense a case of bilateral arm weakness coming on.

/snark

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 38 Times in 13 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ashburyjohn View Post
    He could switch to being a righty, but I sense a case of bilateral arm weakness coming on.

/snark
    Bazinga....

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 214 Times in 147 Posts
    so, Worley, and Corriea, and um, who? I think they'll start Gibson in AAA. So, Hendriks. That leaves two open spots for injured guys, or AAAA guys. Two open spots. As some of us have been saying, this approach left no room for error/injury. Right now, this rotation looks like last year's rotation. Hopefully Hendriks is what some of us think he can be, and not what he was last year.
    Lighten up Francis....

Liked 306 Times in 164 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Was there some sort of explanation why the surgery didn't happen until December?

The King In The North All-Star Nick Nelson's Avatar
    Liked 65 Times in 24 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LaBombo View Post
    Was there some sort of explanation why the surgery didn't happen until December?
    According to La Velle, Diamond felt soreness late in the year but thought it was normal. When it was still bothering him during offseason throwing routines, they decided to do the surgery.

Still, kind of weird. Don't all these guys have year-end physicals where this type of stuff is supposed to be caught?

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts
    This kind of backs up all the ideas that some have expressed around here regarding the fact that if you're going to rely on a rotation composed of a bunch of guys coming off arm injuries, you might want to have some contingency plans in place.

Senior Member All-Star Shane Wahl's Avatar
    Liked 66 Times in 49 Posts
    Blog Entries
    The rotation could begin without Diamond, Pelfrey, and Gibson then. Worley is opening day starter . . . then Correia, Hendriks, Deduno, and DeVries???

Senior Member All-Star Willihammer's Avatar
    Liked 170 Times in 96 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Pelfrey is supposed to be on schedule.

I think we are looking at Worley, Pelfrey, Correia, Hendriks, DeVries

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Willihammer View Post

Putting fear into the hearts of lineups everywhere...

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Willihammer View Post

You're only on schedule until you inevitably have a setback.

/rim shot

Senior Member All-Star Willihammer's Avatar
    Liked 170 Times in 96 Posts
    Blog Entries
    "Where'd that bone chip come from?"

Senior Member All-Star Badsmerf's Avatar
    Liked 31 Times in 19 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Yes! More kindling to the fire on the Twins training personnel! They seriously do themselves no favors. I don't mind really. I think we'll see Worley, Correia, Hendriks, Pelfrey and Harden. I've had enough of De Vries, Deduno and all the other POS pitchers that logged innings last season. Pelfrey needs to prove he can pitch and will want to start in the MLB right away, and Harden deserves a shot to start out of the gate and if he has set-backs move him to the pen and let him be a shut-down set-up guy.
    Do or do not. There is no try.

Liked 1,032 Times in 469 Posts
    Who was it again that was telling us there was NO ROOM for Saunders because, well, he'd be blocking all these prospects?

Liked 306 Times in 164 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Nelson View Post
    According to La Velle, Diamond felt soreness late in the year but thought it was normal. When it was still bothering him during offseason throwing routines, they decided to do the surgery.

Still, kind of weird. Don't all these guys have year-end physicals where this type of stuff is supposed to be caught?
    Thanks. I assumed there was some sort of reason, but missed the LEN article. Your question about end-of-season physicals is a very good one. You can't catch everything, but would seem that with very specific stress points like sore knees or elbows, imaging or other methods might provide early diagnosis for conditions that require surgery, therapy, or even just preventive measures like a re-tooled offseason regimen.
    Last edited by LaBombo; 02-11-2013 at 12:34 PM.

Banned Triple-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I can't help but laugh. What is going on in MN? Why does every athlete that MN fans deem important suffer injury? Some sort of hex has been placed on us and the karmic pendulum seems to have forgotten to swing back in our direction. OH PLEASE MAKE IT STOP!

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 7 Times in 4 Posts
    I have to say, I'm deeply nervous and skeptical about medical news coming from the Twins these days. They've had quite a few significant injuries over the past few seasons, and seem to have managed to handle them very poorly overall.

I don't know if it's incompetent medical staff, poor communications, bad luck, or what but it's gotten a little absurd. How many times will we get a report that an injury or surgery is considered "minor" only to have it turn out to be much worse? How many players will be considered day-to-day for weeks?

At a certain point you have to stop believing word one about what the Twins staff says about an injury. Sigh.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast