Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Draft Targets

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 62 Times in 39 Posts
    I would be be all over Appel if he fell. Seems like they should end up with a college arm unless someone really emerges.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 218 Times in 138 Posts
    Karsten Whitson injured his shoulder (2013 MLB Draft: Florida's Karsten Whitson Out With Shoulder Trouble - Minor League Ball) He could have been a top 10 pick but now I wonder how much he might slide. Probably not to 42 but it would be nice if the Twins could get another solid pick with their second choice.

Twins Contributor All-Star Jeremy Nygaard's Avatar
    Twitter
    @jeremynygaard
    Liked 119 Times in 65 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnarthor View Post
    Karsten Whitson injured his shoulder (2013 MLB Draft: Florida's Karsten Whitson Out With Shoulder Trouble - Minor League Ball) He could have been a top 10 pick but now I wonder how much he might slide. Probably not to 42 but it would be nice if the Twins could get another solid pick with their second choice.
    He's out for the year. I would guess he'll take a medical redshirt this year and try to come back and improve his draft stock for the 2014 draft.

Twins Contributor All-Star Jeremy Nygaard's Avatar
    Twitter
    @jeremynygaard
    Liked 119 Times in 65 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Mark Appel made his season debut against Rice today. 5 IP, 5 R (2 ER), 7 H, 3 BB, 3 K, WP. Pretty nondescript.

Sean Manaea lost to IPFW. 4+ IP, 4 H, 1 ER, 3 BB, 6 K. Not nearly as dominant as his Cape Cod League Summer.

Ryne Stanek beat W. Illinois. 4 IP, 2 H, 1 ER, BB, 4 K.

Taking it on the chin was projected #1 in 2014, NC State LP Carlos Rodon. 6 IP, 5 H, 5 ER, BB, 8 K... the biggest news was that, after only allowing 2 HRs his entire freshman year, and not losing a game since his junior year of high school, he gives up 3 HR and takes a loss in his 2013 debut.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 375 Times in 232 Posts
    Nice update. I guess another GA high school outfielder it is. Kidding of course. This will be a fun race to track and at this point I'd still be happy with Appel, but I can't say I wouldn't be smiling on the inside if he falters big time this year and his stock plummets. Finding himself and Boras in a position where he would actually have to prove himself at the MLB level before he gets a big payday would be fitting after stink they put up last year.

Twins Moderator All-Star diehardtwinsfan's Avatar
    Liked 806 Times in 508 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I'd say it's a bit too soon to be start tracking. Come back in 3 months and we should have a real good idea who is going where.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 103 Times in 73 Posts
    Matt garrioch over at minorleagueball posted his top 100 list today. Good read for people trying to get familiar with the names. Here is the link:http://www.minorleagueball.com/2013/...raft-prospects

Also, I disagree diehardtwinsfan, its never too early to talk about the draft! With how bad the twins are going to be this year it is really the only thing some of us have to look forward to. Well, that and the development of our young players.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123