Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Terry Ryan said this ballpark [Target Field] has not settled in...

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by drjim View Post
    2011 Twins offense was godawful. Outside of that it has been trending towards more HRs in both hit and allowed. I'll go with park settling.

Maybe there is something to this concrete settling.
    Or, since WIllingham hit 21 at home all by himself, and we only increased HR output at home by 17 HR since opening year at Target Fied, maybe it was just him. Twins really haven't increased THEIR HR hitting at home since 2010. They just brought in a HR hitter. The Twins pitching staff; however, has steadily increased the amount they've given up...

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePuck View Post
    Or, since WIllingham hit 21 at home all by himself, and we only increased HR output at home by 17 HR since opening year at Target Fied, maybe it was just him. Twins really haven't increased THEIR HR hitting at home since 2010. They just brought in a HR hitter. The Twins pitching staff; however, has steadily increased the amount they've given up...
    But they also lost Cuddyer, Kubel and Thome in that timeframe. That has to count for something.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    But they also lost Cuddyer, Kubel and Thome in that timeframe. That has to count for something.
    That's true...good point.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer FrodaddyG's Avatar
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    In 2011, the three of them counted for 22 HR at home. Willingham's 2012 fell short by a quantity known in the home run business as "a Revere plus one".

Pixel Monkey MVP Brock Beauchamp's Avatar
    Liked 776 Times in 426 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FrodaddyG View Post
    In 2011, the three of them counted for 22 HR at home. Willingham's 2012 fell short by a quantity known in the home run business as "a Revere plus one".
    Also known in drinking circles as "The Golden Butera".

Senior Member Big-Leaguer FrodaddyG's Avatar
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brock Beauchamp View Post
    Also known in drinking circles as "The Golden Butera".
    I dated a girl who asked me for a "Golden Butera" once. I had to fake my death to get out of that one.

Pixel Monkey MVP Brock Beauchamp's Avatar
    Liked 776 Times in 426 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FrodaddyG View Post
    I dated a girl who asked me for a "Golden Butera" once. I had to fake my death to get out of that one.
    I don't blame you. It's not as easy to find a donkey to rent as it once was and investing that much money in ping pong balls raises eyebrows at the sporting goods store.

And then you have to find the rohypnol to bring it all together, otherwise you're stuck with the "Solo Butera", which is completely unacceptable.

Senior Member All-Star Ultima Ratio's Avatar
    Liked 26 Times in 13 Posts
    Put a giant dehumidifier in the vacated CF batter's eye, paint it green, and start sucking up that moisture from the concrete. Solves two made-up problems really.
    Man is born free, but everywhere he is in chains.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 214 Times in 147 Posts
    Make it a big dehumidifier with signage, and maybe they get revenue so they are no longer small market....three made up problems solved.

Senior Member All-Star TheLeviathan's Avatar
    Liked 342 Times in 195 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mike wants wins View Post
    Make it a big dehumidifier with signage, and maybe they get revenue so they are no longer small market....three made up problems solved.
    Well played gentlemen.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The concrete settling makes no damn sense. There are many, MANY layers of stuff under the field before you get to the concrete.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123