Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum

Thread: Miami Clinic Supplying MLB Players With PEDs

Twitter
    @ParkerHageman
    Liked 63 Times in 33 Posts
    Blog Entries

Miami Clinic Supplying MLB Players With PEDs

The Miami New Times reports that a medical clinic in the south Florida area has evidence of supplying HGH, testosterone and anabolic steroids to various professional athletes. A spreadsheet, chronicling the sales of said items, has MLB players such as Alex Rodriguez, Gio Gonzalez, Melky Cabrera, Bartolo Colon and Nelson Cruz.

Two things come to mind when reading this article: (1) This is a poorly run outfit and (2) this probably is not the only one.

UPDATE: MLB has responded to the Miami New Times story here.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 379 Times in 233 Posts
    Dun Dun Dun.

Liked 1,295 Times in 749 Posts
    Signed receipts would be a lot nicer than a spreadsheet. I can hear the lawyers now. Spin, spin, spin.

Twitter
    @ParkerHageman
    Liked 63 Times in 33 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Given that Ryan Braun's lawyer was able to get him off the hook because of MLB's chain of custody, I believe these players will skate as well.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 220 Times in 140 Posts
    ARod is due 114m more. Wow. It'll be interesting to see what MLB does or doesn't do over the next few months.

Senior Member All-Star Willihammer's Avatar
    Liked 384 Times in 214 Posts
    Blog Entries
    What is it with these pharmacists and their sloppy handwriting

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    How could this Dr. Tony be such a dummy? You're a fake doctor, running a really dirty business, keeping records around that will ruin careers, and then on top of that you don't pay your employees and run your business like an 8th grader.

Banned All-Star
    Liked 75 Times in 49 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnarthor View Post
    ARod is due 114m more. Wow. It'll be interesting to see what MLB does or doesn't do over the next few months.
    Rumors has the yankees looking at 20 different ways to void his contract, not just for peds, using a non team doctor , and past admissions.
    I hope they choke on his contract , they knew he was using , now pay him...

Liked 2,299 Times in 1,291 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnydakota View Post
    Rumors has the yankees looking at 20 different ways to void his contract, not just for peds, using a non team doctor , and past admissions.
    I hope they choke on his contract , they knew he was using , now pay him...
    It's one of those situations where I hope that A-Rod loses the Money and the Yankees still have to pay it. I'd love to figure out a way to make them both choke on the contract.

With all of the supposed investigation... MLB has to know a lot more than what has been released thus far. I agree with Parker... Got to be more to come.

Sue the bastards!

Quote Originally Posted by Parker Hageman View Post
    Given that Ryan Braun's lawyer was able to get him off the hook because of MLB's chain of custody, I believe these players will skate as well.
    Explain to my how Twins fans, who put their own hard-earned money down, shouldn't sue either MLB and/or the NY Yankees for fraud, unnecessary suffering, and denial of future opportunities because the Yankees used a juiced-up player in A-Rod. How many playoff games did the Twins lose to the Yankees? The Yankees received all the benefit from having a player in their lineup that was a known juicer, who gave the Yankees a competitive advantage, and profited from using this player. Why shouldn't Minnesota season-ticket holders feel defrauded? Yankees need to be penalized, and all titles, games won, etc., need to be wiped from their records. In addition, the Yankee franchise needs to be punished by loss of draft picks or something.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer FrodaddyG's Avatar
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SurroundedByTigers View Post
    Explain to my how Twins fans, who put their own hard-earned money down, shouldn't sue either MLB and/or the NY Yankees for fraud, unnecessary suffering, and denial of future opportunities because the Yankees used a juiced-up player in A-Rod. How many playoff games did the Twins lose to the Yankees? The Yankees received all the benefit from having a player in their lineup that was a known juicer, who gave the Yankees a competitive advantage, and profited from using this player. Why shouldn't Minnesota season-ticket holders feel defrauded? Yankees need to be penalized, and all titles, games won, etc., need to be wiped from their records. In addition, the Yankee franchise needs to be punished by loss of draft picks or something.
    Twins had known-PED user Juan Rincon for many of those Yankee losses. Similar punishments for the franchise?

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 71 Times in 42 Posts
    This is a conversation that has been had before but I'll throw it out there - I'm relatively pro-PED. I think they keep players healthier and allow them to play longer at a higher level, two outcomes I support as a fan. I don't especially care about modern players breaking records that were set by players hopped up on greenies or that played in segregated eras and I don't buy the argument that PED use by major league players will lead to increased usage by minors. Beyond those two arguments, why should I care what an adult does to their own body?

That said, I'm not against efforts by baseball to get them out of the game, but the moralism of media and others drives me insane.
    Papers...business papers.

Liked 90 Times in 36 Posts
    Didn't help.

Y! SPORTS

"Mediocre breaking balls are a gift from God." - Kirby Puckett

Twitter
    @Andy_Twitchell
    Liked 21 Times in 14 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I saw on MLB Network that Valencia was on that list like kydoty just posted. I think someone gave Danny the wrong roids!
    I bent my wookie...

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 220 Times in 140 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gernzy View Post
    I saw on MLB Network that Valencia was on that list like kydoty just posted. I think someone gave Danny the wrong roids!
    After his rookie season, he changed agents - to ARod's agent - and started hanging out with him in Miami in the offseason. Deadspin had a NSFW article on that.