Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Article: Healthy Morneau wants to win again

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 13 Times in 7 Posts
    I am personally hoping for the Rick Aguilera scenario, where we:
    1) trade Morneau to a contender (where he can get to the post-season but not win the WS)
    2) receive a MI (instead of OF) prospect and hard-throwing A-ball pitcher (Franky Rodriguez).
    3) re-sign Morneau to a 3 year $30 million deal for 2014-2016.

Speediest Moderator All-Star snepp's Avatar
    Liked 1,249 Times in 498 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TRex View Post
    I am personally hoping for the Rick Aguilera scenario, where we:
    1) trade Morneau to a contender (where he can get to the post-season but not win the WS)
    2) receive a MI (instead of OF) prospect and hard-throwing A-ball pitcher (Franky Rodriguez).
    3) re-sign Morneau to a 3 year $30 million deal for 2014-2016.
    I'd be down for that.
    "Maybe you could go grab a bat and ballÖ and learn something. Maybe you will get it."
    - Strib commenter educating the elitists on the value of RBI's

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Liked 1,525 Times in 798 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mcrow View Post
    It's going to be interesting. If he has a monster 1st half and the Twins look like they are anywhere near competing for a playoff spot he probably stays. If the Twins are stinking it up he probably gets traded. They could be a in a real pickle if he's playing well and they are in contention nearing the end of July.

It's unlikely but they could be in a position where they trade him while contending for a playoff spot and everyone is mad they tanked the season or they could be in the same situation and the team collapses in the second half and everyone will complain they should ahve gotten something for him.
    If Morneau is playing well, there's no pickle at all. At worst, you offer compensation (which he'd be worth) and take the pick if he goes elsewhere.

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Brock Beauchamp View Post
    If Morneau is playing well, there's no pickle at all. At worst, you offer compensation (which he'd be worth) and take the pick if he goes elsewhere.
    What I mean is that critics will roast the Twins one way or the other if Morneau is healthy and the Twins are in a playoff race. They trade him people will say they're tanking the season, they keep him and fade then they'll say they should have gotten something for him.

IMO, if Morneau plays well it's a win-win for fans and the Twins in that you have one of the players back that you need to have to compete quicker. I'm just saying that it will be an orgy for Danny B. at KFAN whichever way they would go in that situation.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12